Transfer contacts, folders from Outlook.com to EMC

Hi,

Just curious if there is anyway I can transfer my contacts, folders from Outlook.com to EmClient?

I am thinking probably not as Outlook.co. is web based?

Thanking you in advance.

You can export Outlook.com to a .pst file which you can then import to eM Client.

(Outlook.com export mail , calendar, contacts to .pst file example)

(eM Client Windows example Import .pst file).

Hi “cyberzork”

Your reply is much appreciated. It looks like the folders cannot be imported and will have to forward the emails to transfer them over.
Thanks again!!

Ok. There is also another Outlook import option in eM Client “further up the Import page” that might then import the folders. Maybe try that.

You can setup the Outlook.com account in eM Client, and that will display the contacts.

Just go to Menu > Accounts and add your address to the automatic setup.

When that is done, go to the contact section of eM Client and click on the Outlook.com contacts folder.

You can either copy the contacts to your normal contacts folder and then remove the account, or just leave it there.

Hey thanks “cyberzork” …willl check that out.

Hey Gary,

Thank you for that tip in regards to the contacts. Do you know if there is a way to move the folders other than forwarding them and then moving them to the new folder structure in EMC? This creates a time period problem as the emails will now show the date of the “Forward” action rather than the original date rec’d.

As always…thank you both for your help!!

If this is for messages, just select the messages in the one folder, then right-click and choose Move to Folder.

Hi Gary,

This is what I envision and there may be a shorter version;

• set up folder strcuture in EMC as it currently is in outlook.com
  • forward messages from folder in outlook.com to current email address and once received “Move to Folder” created in EMC.

Am I on the right path? :upside_down_face:

Why not just add the Outlook.com account to eM Client?

Then if you want to move the messages from the Outlook.com folders to another account folders, you can either drag them across, or right-click and choose Move to Folder.

Okay Gary…thank you! That wil make it much easier!

Once again …great response and always helpful!!

Richard