touch keyboard not appearing

When using EM Client on my Lenovo laptop in tablet mode I cannot get a keyboard to appear. I’ve tried pushing the touch icon in the upper right but it doesn’t seem to change anything. Could anyone advise? Thanks.

Hello Todd,
the touch icon only enable the Touch mode (all icons and features of the application will become a little larger in order to easily control the application and you can use certain gestures to control the application).
As for the keyboard, are you having trouble only having it appear when writing an email in eM Client or can you not activate the keyboard with any other applications as well?

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for your response Olivia. On most applications a keyboard appears when you press on any box requiring text. Only with EM client do I experience a keyboard not appearing.

Hello Todd,
what version of eM Client are you currently running (Help>About)? What Lenovo laptop do you have (I’ve been trying to replicate the issue on Lenovo Yoga 3 and I cannot replicate the issue)?
What text windows did you try this on? New message/Reply/New event?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia. Version 6.0.24432.0 Windows 10 on a Lenovo Flex 3 Laptop. In tablet mode the keyboard will pop up when composing the body of an email, but not for the to and subject boxes. Also won’t come up on the search box within EM Client. Hope this helps narrow the issue for you. Thanks for working on it.

Hi Todd,
I encountered the same issue as you on the textfields you mentioned. I consulted this with our developers and the problem is that there needs to be special interface made for these textboxes that are not recognized as System textboxes.
This is a planned improvement for the next version.
Sorry for the inconvenience until then.

Regards,
Olivia

OK thanks for working on it.

I’m curious-use a Wacom tablet on a desktop. How do I enable tablet mode to use my Wacom for input. There is no “icon” in the upper right of my screen.

Are you by chance using multiple monitors?  The icon in eM Client only appears if tablet mode is available (not necessarily used) and it is not available with multiple monitors (you will note the icon in Windows is disabled when using multiple monitors).  Try unplugging all monitors and see if the icon is available.

If you are not using multiple monitors, try forcing the device into tablet mode.  See, if then, the eM Client icon appears.

Hi I’m having the same issue missing the touch icon on my desktop PC Windows 10, latest version. I only have one monitor, though I have a wacom intuos pro tablet installed, but I want to disable touch but as I said the icon to turn it on and off has never been visible even when I set the tablet to touch mode. Any other suggestions?

The only difference touch makes when enabled, is to increase the space between items in lists. If you are not seeing that, then I would not worry about trying to disable it.