Too much space between signature and previous message, when replying

I created a signature in EM client (not imported), version 6.0.21034.0. For testing purposes it ends with a line “------”. The setting for replying to a message make the first line to be like “----- previous message -----”. When I reply to any message, there are exactly 3 empty lines between the signature and the previous message, that is between “------” and “----- previous message -----”. Is there any way to change this? It is way too much, it created lots of empty space in the message and I have to remove 2 lines each time I reply to a message.

Hi, can you please make a screenshot of the issue, and of your signature and “replies and forward” settings from Tools > Settings > Mail > Replies and Forwards.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thank You for Your reply. A submitted scrennshots.

Can you please make sure you don’t have any extra empty lines behind your signature, and if you don’t can you please send me a message with the signature attached to my email [email protected], also please include a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

I have the same problem. There are definitely no blank lines below my signature, but I count 3 blank lines between the bottom of the signature and the “---- Original Message ----” line that EM puts in. It’s way too much - 1 line would be plenty.

Hi Dan,
unfortunately the 3 new lines are set as default to separate the new reply from the original message and cannot be changed at this time.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

Perhaps from the number of users asking and complaining about this you can take the hint that it’s really not the best default choice?

Hi Dan,
I changed this topic to an ‘idea’ thread so when our developers have time to go through the forum ideas again for new features and tweaks to implement in eM Client this post might get noticed.
This way it can also be voted on by other users and we can see how many people are actually finding this troublesome.

Regards,
Olivia

Has there been any progress on this issue? I am having to constantly delete extra spaces between my signature and the original message. I agree that “1 line would be plenty” and that 3 lines is “really not the best default choice.”  Surely a simple default like that shouldn’t be too hard to fix.

I’m using the latest version of eMC 7.

Thanks!