To big attachment mail

Hi,

i have sent an email (using exchange). This email had a big attachment (over 30MB). The email wasnt sent, but now im getting an error every time the client try to send mails.

I dont see (or dont know how to find it) the mail that is trying to be sent.

Also i can send bigger emails from outlook (i know i can send emails at least up to 100MB), why i cant send them here?

Thank you

eM Client has no restriction on the size of the attachment you can send. Rather, that is determined by your email provider, so check with them. Gmail, for example, limits attachments to 25MB.

Once you have determined the maximum size they allow, you can change eM Client’s settings to warn you if you try to send anything larger. You will find that setting in Menu > Settings > General > Confirmations > Notify if sending a message larger than . . . This won’t prevent you from sending a larger attachment, it just confirms that is what you want to do when you click Send.

You should also consider that a lot of email providers do not allow the recipients to receive very large attachments, so even if you can send 100MB, they may not be able to receive it. That is why the default setting for this notification is 10MB.

If the message is stuck, you will find it in your Local Folders Outbox. If Local Folders are not visible, you can display them by selecting Menu > Settings > General > General > Show Local Folders.

Thank you for your answer. I have found the stucked mail in my local folders. Thanks for this.

But regarding first problem, I still dont understand how i can send the same mail from outlook and not from eM (in both cases the same attachments).

When sending from eM i get this

When i send from outlook:

Sry for 3 messages, i cant upload more then 1 pic at a time.

@jabcek Id say you were very lucky Outlook sent a 30MB attachment at all and technically shouldn’t have sent. Most mail servers won’t allow email attachments sent that big as @Gary advised. You normally either have to upload them to a cloud drive first and then attach them from there to your email, or split the attachments into smaller separate emails etc.

See Microsoft Article below on sending large files. Microsoft maximum appears to be 20MB.

Send large files with Outlook
Outlook for Microsoft 365 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013 Outlook 2010 More…
You’ll receive an error message if you attempt to attach files larger than the maximum size limit. There are a few ways to work around this size limit, including using a file sharing service or compressing the file.

Outlook limits the size of files you can send. This limit prevents your computer from continually trying to upload very large attachments that exceed the limits of most Internet service providers. For Internet email account. such as Outlook.com or Gmail, the combined file size limit is 20 megabytes (MB) and for Exchange accounts (business email), the default combined file size limit is 10 MB.

Save your file to a cloud service and share a link
There are many cloud storage services to which you can upload and then share large files. Some popular cloud storage services include OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, and Google Drive. Once your file is stored in the cloud, you can include a link to the document in your email message.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.

I guess its not what i hoped it would be. Btw I was able to send even larger files thrue outlook. Dont know why (if its 30MB the limit).

I know the other ways to send it yes (i prefer “wetransfer”), was just wondering why i cant direcly thrue the client.

If you already have the file on something like Google Drive, attaching the file from the synced drive will automatically add a link rather than the actual file to the email. This is a new feature in eM Client.

1 Like