TLS.1.2 or TLS 1.3. How do I get it from eMClient?

We’ve been using Thunderbird as a client with the French ISP Free for some years. Free have been a real pain for the last couple of months so we switched to SFR. We also chose eMClient as our client software to keep Thunderbird for the old Free messages but find we cannot send messages through SMTP because SFR insist on TLS1.2 or TLS 1.3 as an anti-spam measure. eMClient dioes not give me this option. How do I get around this please? I can use SFR webmail but would rather use client software.

eM Client will always try to use the newest TLS protocol available automatically, whichever your server offers, and those of course include TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3.

But this is restricted primarily by your OS. Windows 7 for example doesn’t have TLS 1.2 enabled by default, so it can’t be used with any email application unless you manually enable it in the registry. TLS 1.3 is not compatible with either Windows 7 or Windows 10, so it can’t be used on those OSs.

On Windows 11 or MacOS, you shouldn’t have any issues.

Thanks, Gary, I’m running Windows 10 fully updated but eMClient is not giving me the option.This is all I’m getting
eMClient settings

That has nothing to do with the TLS version.

It depends on your OS and your server, not eM Client. So there is nothing you need to or can change in eM Client. It is negotiated automatically; if your OS supports TLS 1.2 and the server says it offers TLS 1.2, that will be used.

Something cock-eyed somewhere, Gary. I can’t even send a simple test message without a rejection. eMClient says message has been sent, then gets rejected by SFR as anti-spam measure. Messages never arrive in Sent folder because of this. I guess I’ll have to use webmail for the time being. I’m waiting for fibre to be fully installed. Maybe that’ll fix it at SFR’s end.

That has nothing to do with eM Client. If the server suspects you are sending spam, you will need to discuss it with them. They will be able to tell you what they object to, or if it is your IP address that is blocked. It could be any number of things, but only the email provider will be able to tell you why, if they have not included it already in the error message.