Time zone is incorrect

I try creating an event, which syncs to my Horde webmail calendar, but it moves the time up by one hour. The time zone in Horde is “America/Los Angeles”, which eM Client is having a hard time recognizing. Further, while the week view of your calendar incorrectly shows noon, and the reminder I set pops up saying it’s at noon, opening the event shows it scheduled correctly for 11am.

Please make sure that your mail/calendar server is also setup for the right timezone. As this could cause the difference between the start dates thrown in eM Client.

Regards,

I’m guessing this has something to do with Daylight Saving Time. I don’t see any options in eM Client for DST; is it accounted for or supported in calendar events?

For the record, my Android phone syncs and displays everything correctly, using the CalDav Sync Adapter app with the stock calendar app. eM Client also shows the correct event time when opening the event details. The only parts that appear incorrectly are the eM Client calendar view and eM Client reminder popups.

After writing to the Kronolith mailing list, they state that UTC offsets are not the same as IANA time zones, and therefore are not supported.

I found some advice from another forum saying to set the time zone in Horde to ‘Default’ which will create them in the UTC psuedo-timezone. Then each client can handle the timezone offset itself. This actually works pretty well for single events, but any recurring events throw this error:

3:54:38 PM   MailExceptions.Exception: Error when synchronizing CalDAV folder: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
3:54:38 PM&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; at System.Linq.Enumerable.Futures`1.<.cctor>b__da()<br>3:54:38 PM    at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstImpl[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`1 empty)<br>3:54:38 PM    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.TimeZone.TimeZoneConvert.FromiCalendar(TimeZone timeZone)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.Schedule.ScheduleConvert.UpdateScheduleObjectFromComponent(IScheduleObject scheduleObject, Calendar calendar, ScheduleComponent updatingComponent, ScheduleConvertOptions options)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.Schedule.Event.EventComposer..ctor(Calendar calendarObject, Event clonedComponent, IEvent parentItem, Boolean removeMethod)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.EventItemSynchronizer.CreateItem(Folder folder, Component payloadComponent, Uri uri, String eTag, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.CreateCalDavItem(Stream payloadStream, Uri uri, String eTag)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.CreateCalDavItem(ResponseItem item)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.DownloadItemsMultiget(IList`1 uris, Boolean calDav)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.DownloadCalDavItems(IList`1 uris)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.ProcessItems(Dictionary`2 items, Boolean deltaSyncReport)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.SynchronizeItemsCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>3:54:38 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)</.cctor>

I have the same problem also with America/New York time zone. Same as you, the time is displayed incorrectly on the calendar view. However  when you open up the event, it displays the right time. Also, if you change the start time zone to eastern standard time as opposed to America/New York, the displayed time updates to the correct one. It seems EMClient does not handle the America/City format correctly. This issue is encountered on both versions 6.0 and 7.0