there is one or more messages in the outbox waiting to be sent

My outbox is empty but showing this message. Last 1 week I am receiving this message, any solution?

Hello Nabidul,
try right clicking on the Outbox folder and choose Properties > Repair (and click the repair button). This should resynchronize the folder.
If this doesn’t help, please tell me if your account is set up as IMAP/POP/AirSync or Exchange.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia, I have deleted the mail from outbox (from smart folder) and now it is working fine.

I am also getting this same error . I have tried the Repair button several times but still getting the error. This is set up as an Exchange account. Any further suggestions?

I am also getting this message, every time i click repair there isn’t any indication that anything happens. I had a secondary email set up before and that might be the problem, however i deleted that and the problem persist, any help would be appreciated. My email provider is an OWA server.

Hello,
try to look for the message in your Smart folder/Local folder Outbox.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello,
try to look for the message in your Smart folder/Local folder Outbox.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia, my Outbox folder is empty, it was one of the first steps i tried while google troubleshooting.

Edit: Among the many that i have tried are Un and Re-install, memory purge, registry purge and file hunting. But nothing seems to fix the problem, which in reality is only an eyesore that every time i shut down the app it tells me that i have 2 mails in the outbox.

Hello Jean Paul,
can you please screenshot the opened Smart folder Outbox for me?
Thank you.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Jean Paul,
go to Menu>Tools>Settings>General section.
Check Show Smart folders.
Look into the outbox in Smart folders.

Regards,
Olivia

Well i just embarrassed myself on the internet. Thank you Olivia, found the outbox emails on in the Smart Folders, have a great day! Also tell your bosses that i for one believe you deserve a Raise and at least 2 months of paid vacations.

Hello Jean Paul,
we all make mistakes, it’s only human to do so :wink: Glad you found your messages in the outbox in the end.
Wish I could take a vacation, but there are more people who need my help here on the forum right now :slight_smile:

Regards,
Olivia