There is no email program associated to perform the requested action

When I right-click on a file, in File Explorer, and select Send to > Mail recipient I get a message box saying:

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel

I have done as instructed with no results

Hi Sourav,

Did you try the following:

start menu > control panel > default programs > set your default programs

then choose eM Client and press [set this program as default]

screen shot:

Yes I did it Hans Nieuwenhuis, but same problem.

Hi Sourav,

another option is to try to get this working from within eM Client:

tools > settings > general > general

press [make default]

screen shot:

Maybe you need to restart eM Client, Windows Explorer and/or MS Windows to get this working?

That was also done  Hans Nieuwenhuis, & laptop was restarted. Do I need any change in registry editor (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail)??

Hi Sourav, can you please check what version of .NET framework do you have installed on your computer? You should be able to find this information in the list of installed programs on your computer.

Please make sure it’s the latest available version (4.5.2) and that you have both .NET 4 and 3 installed.

Regards,
Paul.

Oooohhhh…great…thank you  Paul McGregor, it’s working after installing .NET 4.5.2.

Hi again Sourav, glad it works, please let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul.