"The specified account already exists"

Automatic update downloads and tries to install but always fails with message “The specified account already exists” Computer running Win 7 I’m currently on eMClient 6.0.223181.0 Update is 6.0.23421.0

I have the same problem to update to 6.0.23421.0. I’m using windows 10

Hello Yossi,
unfortunatelly there must have been an error during the download of the new update. You’ll need to uninstall your current eM Client installation and download the update manually again and install it > http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.234…

Best regards,
Olivia

Am I going to lose all the settings I did ??

Hi Yossi,
no, your settings should be saved inside your database, which is not deleted by default when you re-install.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia Rust
I follow your instruction to uninstall first, downloaded the file and install, but it still shows old version “6.0.23181.0”.

and I extract the the download msi file and check the version of “MailClient.exe”, the file version is  “6.0.23181.0”.

Regards,
CJ

Failure is not possible to update to version 6.0.23421.0.
The download file is also sent us a version 6.023181.0 as we installed the software computer now.

I took off and reinstall the software using the installer file from the link you gave us,
and the problem still exists. 6.023181.0
version of the software yet again seeks to update to version 6.0.23421.0 …

It seems normal file you downloaded and installed the update is in progress but in fact the software is not updated.

We tested it in several different computers with the operating system is loaded xp and  7 and the problem exists on all computers.

That is indeed very strange, seems like there must be something wrong even with the uninstall.
Could you go to Windows Control panel > Programs > Programs and features and click eM Client there and take a screenshot of which version Windows recognizes as active?

Thank you and best regards,
Olivia

That is indeed very strange, seems like there must be something wrong even with the uninstall.
Could you go to Windows Control panel > Programs > Programs and features and click eM Client there and take a screenshot of which version Windows recognizes as active?

Thank you and best regards,
Olivia