the error message " invalid reply format( no collection)"

the error message  " invalid reply format ( no collection)" appears always I sinc my accounts.

Hello, sorry to see this, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client.

If you’re seeing this error while synchronising your folders with the server, can you please switch to the “Log”, copy the content of the error and submit it to us here on forum for more information about this issue? However I’m afraid that this sounds more likely as a server issue.

Regards,

Hello.

the version is 6.0.22344.0

The problen is with a hotmail account. Now I have to a problem with hotmail calendar sync.

I Use to a gmail account and all is Ok.

Thanks a lot

Not quite sure what you’re suggesting, can you please describe the application’s behaviour more closely or perhaps make a screenshot of the issue you’re experiencing?

Thanks,

Hello,

I’ve got the same problem with em Client 6.0.22344 while trying to sync with my Hotmail account. I get an error message like this:

Here is an excerpt from the log:

22:52:13 Hotmail Gerd [AirSync] Löschen von Elementen im Ordner 'Hotmail Gerd/Junk-E-Mail/'
22:52:20 Hotmail Bettina [AirSync] Synchronisiere Ordner 'Hotmail Bettina/Posteingang/' 
22:52:29 Hotmail Bettina [AirSync] Die Elemente werden in den Ordner 'Hotmail Bettina/Posteingang/' hochgeladen
22:52:30 MailExceptions.OperationException: Invalid reply format (no Collection)
22:52:30 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer`2.Upload(IItemUploadContext`1 uploadContext, Folder folder, IEnumerable`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
22:52:30 bei MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass22.<enqueueupload>b__1e(WorkerStatus
 status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>22:52:30

bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>22:52:30

bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)</enqueueupload>

The weird thing is that sometimes, the mails sync without that error. Also, I am a bit estonished by the fact that the error window appears in English language in em Client on a German language Windows system while the log seems to be localized into German language.
To be honest: I would prefer the other way round as I guess that logs in local language are harder to understand for developers. Therefore, I tried to translate here:

22:52:13 Hotmail Gerd [AirSync] Deleting elements in folder 'Hotmail Gerd/Junk-E-Mail/'
22:52:20 Hotmail Bettina [AirSync] Synchronising folder 'Hotmail Bettina/Posteingang/' 
22:52:29 Hotmail Bettina [AirSync] Elements are uploaded to folder 'Hotmail Bettina/Posteingang/' 
22:52:30 MailExceptions.OperationException: Invalid reply format (no Collection)
22:52:30 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer`2.Upload(IItemUploadContext`1 uploadContext, Folder folder, IEnumerable`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
22:52:30 bei MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass22.<enqueueupload>b__1e(WorkerStatus
 status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>22:52:30

bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>22:52:30

bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)</enqueueupload>

By the way: That problem has been discussed already in this thread but there seems to be no solution yet - other than hiding that annoying error window.

Kind regards.

Hello again Gerd, are you using any security software on your computer such as firewall or proxy? If so, please try to disable any security elements on your computer and check if the issue persists.

If it does, please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable AirSync logging for the problematic account, save the settings and replicate the issue. Once the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logging data to my work mail [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Regards,

I have the exact same problem. Was this issue ever resolved?

Hi Oscar,
I think the issue might be slightly different this time round, seeing as AirSync option is being discontinued by Microsoft, so the Mail servers are generating similar errors when it has been stopped.
I suggest setting up your outlook account anew using the manual option of New Account>Mail>Other and choose to set it up as IMAP.

Regards,
Olivia