Task folder missing - Local Folders

I have been using Tasks for years on EmC, I use local folders, do nothing in ‘clouds’ and recently have been having problems with tasks disappearing.

Having spend sometime looking around the forum, I have not found my answer.

The two issues are:
The Tasks folder does not appear in the folder tree. I have local folders selected from the settings, and yet no tasks folders anywhere.

The second issue, is task are not showing up on the calendar. Now I have read that they are not visible in month view, so I have selected week view, still no tasks. This really annoying because I would like to be able to view them along with other appointments. eMC offers to create Tasks from messages, so why are they not visible in the calendar view?

Sometimes they do appear on the agenda but not always.

Any advice on how to get the Task folder ?

regards
Kevin

As long as you are sure you have enabled showing Local Folders in Menu > Settings > General, then it may be some database corruption.

Close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt. Paste in this command including the leading "
"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

and hit Enter.

When that is done, restart eM Client, and see if the Task folder appears under Local Folders.

If it is, make sure it is ticked so the tasks are displayed.

Hi Gary

Thank you for the reply. I tried that with the same result no Task.

I have a second Pro licence for eMC on a spare PC with a slightly older version (9.2.2093) that is set up the same and does not have Tasks either. There is nothing anywhere in the tree structure with Tasks on it. I am loath to do a reinstall, because my work emails have to have 2FA and the last time I did this, it was the work of ages to get access to that account.

The issue is if I want to change a task, date or details I am unable locate them. The only time I see them is when they pop up with the reminder date/time.

Both PC’s have show local folders on them.

Regards

Kevin

@KBH

To access the Local Folder Tasks as @Gary advised above in his post, either “click the 3 horizontal dots” and click Tasks, or “drag the window wider” so you can see the tasks icon.

(eM Client 9.2 Windows access Local Tasks example)

1 Like

Don’t I feel silly. Thank you cyberzork that has solved the problem.

I was expecting the Tasks folder to appear under the Local Folders email tree along with inbox, trash, Junk etc, because that made sense to me, especially as I mentioned early, you can create Tasks from emails. Thanks again, case closed. Kevin

1 Like