Syncing GMAIL to eM Client

I am trying to link my personal gmail to eM client, however I have a problem: a.) I changed my password and tried to sync my account using IMAP but I am having authentication error. I have checked less secure apps, two step verification and enabled imap and pop. b.) when i use pop once i read email in my eM client it is not being read in my G suite, and some emails that read in my G suite are unread with my em client

a. One thing you could try is to remove eM Client from your Google security settings. Then the next time you sync eM Client it will redo the security. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/security and scroll down to Apps with account access. Click on Manage apps , then eM Client and choose Remove access.

b. When you read messages in a POP account, the read status is not passed back to the server. That function only works with IMAP.

Thanks for your reply, but the eM client is not under my manage apps

It is not clear above if you enabled or disabled 2-step Verification. It should be disabled.

It is already disabled 

For IMAP, if you are sure that you are using the correct password, and it is still not working, I would suggest deleting the account from eM Client and then adding it again using the Automatic Setup option.

![](http://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/7.1/eMClient/Content/Resources/Images/new account 1.1.2.png “Image: http://www.emclient.com/webdocumentation/en/7.1/eMClient/Content/Resources/Images/new account 1.1.2.png”)

I have tried this awhile ago but issue still persist

You said you changed your password. I assume you did that in your Google settings. Did you enter the same password in your IMAP settings in eM Client.

A better way is to use the Automatic Setup for GMail accounts. That uses OAuth method, where eM Client is listed as an app in your Google security settings. So when you change you password in Google, eM Client still connects to GMail without having to change anything.

The other thing to check is that you have the correct server settings for your account

IMAP
Host imap.gmail.com
Port 993
Security policy SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

SMTP
Host smtp.gmail.com
Port 465
Security policy SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

This was been done on the set up even, awhile ago

We changed the password in the Imap Settings in EmClient too.
We can’t get past the Oauth, because it sends us in a circle back to the
first pop up screen.

This is the process it follows. Can you please say after which step it is returning to the first screen?

1. You select to add a new account.

1. After entering you GMail address and selecting Start Now, you are given an option to change some details.

1. Then you can select which elements of the account you want to sync.

1. After clicking Finish, you are directed to your web browser to select which Google account you want to use.

5.  If your account is not already logged in, you will be asked for your password.

1. Then you give permissions to Google.

1. When that is accepted you receive confirmation in your web browser.

1. Closing the browser you return to the account window in eM Client, where your account will appear in the list.