Synchronizing the reading of emails

Hello.
Tell me, how do I enable email synchronization between different clients? I use an Outlook app on my iPhone and when I’m reading emails in it, they are not displayed in the eM client for Windows as read.

how do I enable email synchronization between different clients

If your mail accounts in eM Client and Mobile devices are all configured as either IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud, then they will all synchronize the same.

It’s only if you have POP accounts setup on all devices where they won’t all synchronizer.

Understood. Can you please drop the instructions on how to check this in eM client and outlook??

Understood. Can you please drop the instructions on how to check this in eM client and outlook??

To check what account type is in eM Client go to “Menu / Accounts” (Pc) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac). Then click on your account on the left and you will see what type of account it is along the top. If you see a POP tab then that’s the issue.

I checked it out. There is no information about POP. Then what else could be the reason?

I checked it out. There is no information about POP. Then what else could be the reason?

Could be then some eg: local optional program installed is possibly causing eM Client not to update from the server correctly. So might be blocked or partially blocked in some way.

Programs that can sometimes interfere are eg: Optionally installed firewall / security programs, Optionally installed Antivirus programs & VPNs. So if you have anything like that installed other than what comes default with the OS, try completely disabling those to test.

Apart from that could be your local eM Client mail account has possible got out of sync with your server. To resync, right click on your Inbox or All mail if it’s a Gmail account and click properties at the bottom. Then click the Repair tab at the top and click Repair. This clears the local eM Client cache & starts new.

Note: Once repaired, your emails will be slower to reread till fully cached again.

Thank you very much! I used your advice about the “Repair” button and everything now working as it should.

1 Like