"synchronizing message flags" never completes

Starting yesterday, the little spinning circle next to my account name never goes away. If I open the operations window I see a message that says it is “synchronizing message flags” on my inbox. The account is IMAP. The progress bar shows about 2/3 complete but just stays at that point forever. Everything else, including the ability to send and receive emails still appears to work but I;m not sure if this situation is causing more subtle problems. I have rebooted my computer multiple times and even forced an abnormal shutdown to make em client go through its database checker on startup but I can’t get the sync message to complete or go away. Any suggestions?

Hello,
are there any errors in the Error tab of the operations window? Could you copy the third (Log) tab here if there are?
What version of eM Client are you running? Do you have any other accounts set up?

regards,
Olivia

The version of emclient is 6.0.24144.0. There are no errors listed in the error tab. I have two accts. One is my email acct, the other is with google that I use to sync calendar and contacts between my smartphone and my laptop. The log tab follows:
(log file removed)

After several days the problem apparently resolved itself. The spinning wait symbol disappeared and the “synchronizing messages flags” progress bar disappeared also. Hope it doesn’t reoccur.

This same issue is occurring to me. emClient version 6.0.24928.0. Comcast is running the IMAP server. I also have Google calendar and contact sync.

There are no errors in the Error tab and the Log has (among many other “Done” items) “Comcast [IMAP] Synchronizing message flags: For folder Comcast/Inbox”.

The flags do not actually synchronize. Marking them as “read” in emClient does not propagate to other email clients’ views of the mailbox.

This persisted for days, through many restarts of the app. The app still was able to move messages from one folder to another and download new messages.

Changing the IMAP username (so that it was wrong) and then changing it back seemed to snap it out of its funk and it seems to work successfully now.

However, it didn’t sync back up the read/unread items. If I mark a message which is out of sync as read and then unread again (or vice-versa), it sync back up. Annoying, but at least there’s a path to get things back in sync without a full refresh.

The issue has recurred, and it continues even after installation of eM Client 7.

This issue occurs in multiple installations of eM Client 7 on different machines (connecting to the same IMAP account).

I am having this same issue, on a PC running 7.0.27943, anyone have any suggestions?  I am about to go off eM Client because of this issue, it is incredibly annoying.  During the time it is ‘synchronizing’ for no apparent reason, no errors in the log, only ‘done’ tasks, I do not receive email.  I  have 4 email accounts and have to go running to each to read the emails outside of eM Client.  Last time this occurred was yesterday around 4pm, and when I opened up my computer this morning, it was still occurring.  I went to task manager and closed it down, and then reopened it – I have to skip it checking for damage, I have never gotten through that process because it takes hours as well, I’ve never seen it end, I always cancel out of it and then open up eM Client again and it appears to work ok.  Help!

Appear to have the same issue as well with the latest version of eM Client… have one GMail account set up and “Synchronizing Message Flags” seems to go on for ever and hang :frowning:

Hello Hiren,
can you copy the full number of your version? Menu>Help>About.
Also, do you have the ‘Download messages for offline use’ option enabled under the IMAP tab in Menu>Tools>Accounts?

After a nearly flawless trial, that ends tomorrow, eM Client 7.0.27943.0 is giving me the same message.  “Synchronizing message flags” has been showing for about 90 minutes straight now.  I enabled ‘Download messages for offline use’ for all 7 of my google hosted email accounts about two weeks ago.  Windows 10 Home (Build 1607) with BitDefender Antivirus Free

I had to ‘end task’, ‘eM Client (32 bit)’ using task manager before it would let me launch eM Client again. :frowning:

I am having this issue as well.  My version is 7.0.27943.0.  It never seems to finish the synchronizing.  Restarting the computer does not help.  There are no errors.  It is an IMAP account just like the original poster.  I have four email accounts set up, but this only happens with the IMAP account, which is a Comcast account.  I do have the “Download messages for offline use” option enabled.  Suggestions??  

I am having this same issue, on a PC running 7.1.30794.0 , anyone have any suggestions?  I am about to go off eM Client because of this issue, it is incredibly annoying.  During the time it is ‘synchronizing’ for no apparent reason, no errors in the log, only ‘done’ tasks, I do not receive email.