Synchronizing folder failed due to the following error: Execution of request failed temporary problem

I keep getting this error message. Any idea how to solve it?

An Error occured

Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/’ failed due to the following error: Execution of request failed:
https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/gal/email.com/full?sync-token=392848934_1000_16695_0 (Temporary problem - please try again later).

It has been already few days and error still persist. Doesn’t looks like it is temporary problem.

Please help.

Hello, sorry about this inconvenience, we’re aware of this issue and working on a solution for the problem. Unfortunately it seems like this is an application due to some recent changes on the Google’s remote servers.

Regards,

Can I know when will the issue be resolved? Or is there anyway to disable the error from constantly popping up?

Hello,
this error has been corrected on the server, but it needs a full resync to work correctly in eM Client. Please go to your Contact tab and for your gmail accounts right click on the Contatcs directory > Properties and then choose the Repair tab and click Repair.

Best regards,
Olivia

Olivia, I have the same problem but I cannot find a “contact tab”.  Please help? [email protected]

I have had this same issue and I too have no contact tab. Can you please provide an alternative way of solving this issue?

Found how to repair, however, it has not stopped the errors from popping up every minute. Please advise

Hello Bill, Hello Michelle,
the Contacts tab I meant is the last item on the left side menu in eM Client Menu (the one with Mail, Calendar and Tasks).
When you click on it, you should have a directory called ‘Contacts’ in there for each of your email accounts, some can have more categories.
For the gmail accounts, right click on each folder, choose ‘Properties’ and then ‘Repair’ tab in the window that pops up, and click the Repair button.
This should resync all your contact and fix the error from google servers. If the error still pops up, really try repairing all gmail-related folders.

Hope this was a bit more clear and helps.

Best regards,
Olivia

Problem NOT solved, all in our company are still getting the error. Have tried repair, mail, contacts and calendar, nothing helps. the only solution is to delete the account and recreate it, but that is not an acceptable work around.

The sync log says:
10:22:36 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
10:22:37 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
10:22:37 [email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Directory/’
10:22:37   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Directory/’ failed due to the following error: Execution of request failed: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/gal/daniit.com/full?sync-token=1433997394312_1364337150164_16692_0 (Incremental update was not possible; please fully resync.)
10:22:37    ved MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGdataCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:22:37    ved MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I agree.  Michelle?  I repaired every module.  No change.  I deleted the Gmail account.  Closed eM Client. Reopened and readded my Gmail.  Problem solved.  Now an interesting change has happened.  The look of items in my calendar  changed.  Before a calendar object had one solid color for the title and the body.  Now the title is darker than the body of each item.  It looks nice… I like it… but… my point is probably obvious.  I am running 6.0.23181.0 and made no application changes other than removing and adding back the same email.  Those calendar app changes should’ve deployed whenever they were released without me doing anything…   

Hello Bill,
sorry for the confusion, I was replying to another user with the same problem so I included them for the reply.

Deleting and re-adding your gmail also works as a full resync for all the categories, so I’m glad it’s fixed in the end. This issue was an error on one of the google servers, I can assure you it was not the calendar app changes, because there were none made recently.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hello Gert,
if you have this problem in your company, you probably have a PRO license. If the repair procedure didn’t work for you, I recommend contacting PRO support (http://support.emclient.com), which is a service available to you, and where your problem will be solved more quickly than on the FREE license forums.

Best regards,
Olivia

I will do that, thank you.

Olivia and Bill-
   After three attempts of the “repair”, on mail, contacts, and calendar, the problem did go away! However, this morning, when opening em client… error popped up again. So the repair only worked for the remainder of the time I had the application open. I unfortunately do not have the option of deleting my gmail account, however, I have already uninstalled and re-installed em client and will attempt to do this again to hopefully alleviate the issue. Others in my company have also done the repair and I will see if they have the pop ups this morning as well. Otherwise, if this still does not work, I think I will just do a “repair” on every login to em client. Thanks for all the input and hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel :wink:

I can inform you that our problem is related to a sync of the Directory entry in the Contacts. If you unselect that you can make a refresh without errors, but as soon as you restart the client or wait the default 10 min. for auto sync it is still trying to sync the Directory entry.  I have made a ticket on that, we have the payed Pro version.

We have our mail domain at Google so it is a payed commercial license we have at Google.

Hello Michelle,
that is indeed very strange, but I’m afraid re-installing eM Client won’t help as that doesn’t resync the gmail accounts.
Just to make sure we understand each other, by deleting it I just meant taking it away from your Tools > Accounts settings, not deleting the actual gmail - then you’d just sign it in as a new account again and sync all your emails back. This is the best way to be sure you did a full resync, but might take a while if you have lot of emails.
If you use eM Client at work, then if the problem persists, contact PRO support :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
Olivia

Olivia- we were not on the same page! Thank you for that, I will try that option this afternoon and see what happens. Thank you so much for your help on this

re-installation and resync is not a good solution. I have over 20GB in my gmail and resync will take like weeks.

Try to have a look in the sync log. Go to Tools - Operations - Logs. Clear the log and wait to next sync. where you get the error. Then mark all lines in the log and copy then to notepad, it is easier to get an overview that way. Her you should be able to find the sync error. Have a look on what it can’t sync. In our situations it was the contacts having a problem, not the mail. After making a repair on all contacts folders the problem was solved. This takes much much less time than deleting and recreating the account.