Synchronisation with IMAP fails

Beside of the standard folders inbox, sent, … , most of the folders don’t load. I also constantly get the message “Een poging om te verbinden met Office is mislukt. Dit kan veroorzaakt zijn door een tijdelijke onbeschikbaarheid van de server of door verkeerde instellingen. Wilt u de instellingen controleren ?”

I checked all settings and in my opinion they are all correct.

I thought I finally found a nice email client that synchronizes smoothly with my google account. It would really be nice if you could solve this problem, because Window live mail works well for the email, but doesn’t synchronize with my google contacts.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Thanks you George for your reply.

You encouraged me to install the program once more and give it another try. This time all folders gently synchronized and almost everything works as expected.

Almost everything,… One still somewhat embarrassing issue is that apparently the connection with the gmail servers is regularly broken, which leads to reporting of the broken connection. Clicking on the ‘!’ sign next to the account name reestablishes the connection and again synchronizing everything. It’s not making the program useless, but it’s embarrassing. I have similar problems with ‘Window Live Mail’. If you have an idea about the underlying reason for this problem and maybe even solutions for it, they would be welcome. I looked at the forum and saw posts revealing the same or similar problems, but no solutions.
Paul

This is most probably caused by poor network connection. I have seen that before but have never experienced it myself. Anyway, we will try to find a workaround for this issue.