Sync contacts emc to iphone?

i’ve searched the forum but haven’t found posts about this later than 2015.
currently I am using OL16, local install, and companionlink to sync with iphone. Companionlink doesn’t seem to interact with emc. at least emc isn’t listed in the collection of software that it syncs with.

If I install emc will I be able to sync (not copy or transfer) contacts between my iphone 6s and emc?

btw: I am not interested in going through a cloud service intermediary, because of trust, and internet access concerns, and not wanting to introduce another variable to deal with when sync fails.

Companionlink doesn’t seem to interact with emc. at least emc isn’t listed in the collection of software that it syncs with.

You would probably have to manually export the contacts from eM Client to then sync to Companionlink whenever you add new contacts.

I am not interested in going through a cloud service intermediary, because of trust, and internet access concerns, and not wanting to introduce another variable to deal with when sync fails

For eM Client to sync with mobile or other devices properly you really need to look at syncing with a cloud service.

Anyone that I know with iPhones and email contacts for years now are all using cloud accounts like, iCloud, Gmail, live, Hotmail etc which sync with the Mail App on iPhone and eM Client for Mac no problems and have no internet access security concerns if you enable 2 step verification, have a descent password and do all the iPhone app and Computer OS updates etc.

The only issue I see for you currently with cloud access accounts is that your iPhone 6s I believe is only supported with its firmware security updates till this coming year 2022 sometime. So you may need a newer iPhone at some stage if you go to a cloud account. All devices then sync no probs.

the other issue that I remember from experience with cloud sync is the data lost, and confused due to differences in field mapping: names and number of phone number, address, notes info fields etc. MS can’t map between outlook and its own onedrive without screwing things up, dropping phone numbers, deleting groups, ignoring notes, etc. Of course, its MS.

Most people seem to simply record a name, email address and phone number. In fact most people don’t use an email client at all. I’ve kept more info: birthdays, other addresses, partners’ names, notes etc. Not looking to lose it, or spend a lot of time straightening it in synching. Guess that I’ll stick with what I have.

You are correct. Updates for 6S scheduled to stop next year. Not clear what that means. It is still getting ios updates, 15.2 currently. No more feature updates? security updates? Not sure I care. The most notable changes that I have experienced with updates have been negative: massive battery draining. took months for apple to admit there was a problem, both with the update and hardware, and replace the phone. I’ll see what happens.

thanks for confirming.