Suggestion: Choose time period to sync per folder

It would be great if we could choose how much e-mail to sync per folder, and not just per account.

So you could choose to sync everything in your account by default, but then click the settings of an individual folder and choose to only sync the last 3 months, for example.

You carn’t limit message folders directly, but you can limit the actual account messages to sync to an eg: IMAP, Exchange type account.

Go to “Menu / Accounts” (PC) or “eM Client / Accounts” (Mac). Then click the eg: IMAP, Exchange tab along the top and you will see in the “Sync Options” part way down options to limit the message sync period. Gmail / IMAP screenshot example below.

Yes, thanks I saw that.

The problem is there are some folders I want to sync “all time”, but some I really only need the last 3/6 months.

It would be great if we could do that.

1 Like

It would be great if we could choose how much e-mail to sync per folder, and not just per account

The problem is there are some folders I want to sync “all time”, but some I really only need the last 3/6 months.

Ah ok. I don’t know if that’s programmable with IMAP type accounts but I guess anythings possible.

I will change this to a feature request.

Thank you!

I think I am correct in thinking that I have managed to do this on a previous client. But I can’t remember which one, sadly! So hopefully it is achievable.

This would be a great feature to have.
Gmail on Android used to have it as a feature.