Suggest to update eM Client to remove cloud file attachment links if you change your mind

Suggest to update eM Client to remove cloud file attachment links “if you change your mind” and decide then to “send the file directly” and not as a cloud link after initially going to send the file as a cloud link via Google Drive, One Drive or Drop Box.

If would be great if in a future version of EMC that when you right click on the cloud attachment and click the “Send as cloud storage link” which removes sending the file as a cloud link, that eM Client then automatically “removed that file from eM Client Attachments cloud folder” in your cloud storage.

Currently its a pain having to then go and manually remove that file from eM Client Attachments cloud folder if you change your mind.

Eg: Below i decided not to send the Website.txt file as a Google Cloud link, but even after de-selecting the “Send as cloud storage link” I still have to manually delete that file in eM Client Attachments in Google Drive.

This option is already there.

After selecting an attachment by cloud storage, right-click on the attachment:

Then uncheck Send as cloud storage link.

The attachment then reverts to a standard attachment.

@Gary

Right clicking on “Send as cloud storage link” again and reverting to directly sending the file via eM Client (doesn’t actually remove the file) eM Client uploaded to your cloud drive when you initially choose to attach it via cloud file link.

As I explained at the top of the post you still have to still go back to your cloud storage afterwards and manually remove that file that eM Client initially uploaded to the cloud. That file wasn’t previously in the cloud drive.

So this feature request is to program eM Client to actually (remove the cloud file from your cloud drive) when you right click on “Send as cloud storage link” again, after initially choosing to send it via a cloud drive. This then avoids the user having to remove the file manually from the cloud drive afterwards and also taking up users cloud space.

2 Likes