Suddenly an error message today 'Connection terminated prematurely'

I can’t get any emails today… have had to use provider’s webmail… yes there are some there.

I looked at other’s problems and solutions but none work yet… i even disabled AV and firewall… same message

Log is here:
23:18:20 alan@cssmedia.co.uk [POP3]  Connecting: To alan@cssmedia.co.uk23:18:20 alan@cssuk.co.uk (1) [POP3]  Connecting: To alan@cssuk.co.uk (1)
23:18:21 alan@cssuk.co.uk (1) [POP3]  Connected: To alan@cssuk.co.uk (1)
23:18:21 alan@cssuk.co.uk (1) [POP3]  Downloading messages: From alan@cssuk.co.uk (1)
23:18:21 alan@cssmedia.co.uk [POP3]  Connected: To alan@cssmedia.co.uk
23:18:21   MailExceptions.OperationException: Connection terminated prematurely
23:18:21    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.ReadMail(Int64 messageSize, Int64& downloadedBytes, Int64 totalBytes, WorkerStatus status)
23:18:21    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
23:18:21    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
23:18:21 alan@cssmedia.co.uk [POP3]  Downloading messages: From alan@cssmedia.co.uk
23:18:22 alan@cssmedia.co.uk [POP3]  Disconnected: From alan@cssmedia.co.uk
23:18:22 alan@cssmedia.co.uk [POP3]  Disconnected: Done

No idea what to do now… :frowning:

Help anyone

still the same … i would reinstall but afraid of losing my emails :frowning:

Hi,

Please double-check that every component of AV and firewall is disabled. Furthermore, check the settings of your mail server, as it seems the connection was terminated server-side.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks for looking at this…

I just noticed that this is happening on my laptop too.(Haven’t used it for a few days) exactly the same error with that now… I turned the whole portions of AV and firewall off… (on both pc and laptop) bit it still stops dead at this error message. I presume you don’t have to uninstall the AV to do a real test? BTW I’m using Bullguard if that makes any difference?

I am using Zimbra now just so I can get something working. It works with the same account setting as eM used in the past.

It’s a pity that. I really liked eM :frowning:

Hi.

Thought i would check back with some good news: might help someone else.

As I could not even get into my eMclient program, as you’d expect I duly setup a different client just to get my emails while researching this problem.

This is weird… but worth the read; hopefully.

I set up the new client NOT to delete from the server so as to keep them when and if I got eM sorted.

obviously this meant my phone was filling up very with old emails. I decided I would selectively delete them directly using the provider’s  (UK2.Net) webmail service.

Low and behold when I accidentally opened up eMclient (as I would normally) I expected to see the termination error… but no; the whole lot came through right up to date.

As I had done nothing with the settings in eMclient,  I imagine that I have deleted a ‘rogue’ email directly off the server that eMclient really didn’t like!!!

As it happens i have a friend who I put onto eMclient in the distant past, has the occasional email that just  completely bombs out eMclient. So there is the possibility that it was something like that?

might help someone… just to try looking for unusual emails on the server’s webmail.

As I didn’t  do this for any specific reason related to eMclient I really didn’t take any notice of which ones I deleted… sorry.

Hi Alan,
this is a really curious issue, but thank you for sharing your solution with us and letting us know all is well now.
A bugged message is surely a possibility, though it’s sad it is not really possible to find out what exactly the issue was now.
If you ever experience this again let us know and we’ll try to look into this possibility in more detail.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks for the reply

I have know this in the distant past with Outlook Express. You could see the system downloading upto say, 12 of 18 and just stop… it then tries again later and stops at the same point.

Going onto the person’s webmail and deleting no13 would cure it.

I just forgot to try it myself.

My confidence in EMclient is fully restored.