String was not recognized as a valid DateTime

I keep getting this error “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime”

Here is the log.

Please help! This is driving me crazy!

21:13:34[email protected] [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Work/’

21:13:35   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Work/’ failed with an error: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. —> System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

21:13:35    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)

21:13:35    at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider, DateTimeStyles styles)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.EventConvert.ConvertDateTime(EventDateTime dateTime, TimeZoneInfo& timeZone)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.EventConvert.ConvertEvent(Folder folder, Event evnt, TimeZoneInfo defaultTimezone)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.d__15.MoveNext()

21:13:35    at System.Linq.Enumerable.d__31`3.MoveNext()

21:13:35    at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection)

21:13:35    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

21:13:35    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ScheduleItemSynchronizeContext1.StoreItems(SynchronizationType type, IEnumerable1 newItems)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.Synchronize[T](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 items, Func2 getUniqueId, Func3 hasChanged, Func2 isDeleted, Func2 convertItems, Action`2 updateItem)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext`1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass30.<>c__DisplayClass35.b__2c(WorkerStatus
status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

21:13:35    — End of inner exception stack trace —

21:13:35    at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)

21:13:35    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hi Joe, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
This is an issue with a calendar folder right? Can you try right click that folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the Repair button?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

Version: 6.0.20154.0

Done the above… repair. etc… no difference… same error again and again

Can you try downloading this version of our app (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20320/setup.msi) and install the update, let me know if that helped in any way.

Thank you,
Paul.

I can’t reply

Hi Paul,
Well… previously, I had a copy of emClient installed at home and another copy installed at work. Exactly the same setup etc. Except that the version at home had the above problems and the version at work did not.

So, I received your info and thought that I would install the later version once i got home. Meanwhile, I thought “why not upgrade the version I have at work too?”

So I upgraded the version at work and now… guess what?

Exactly the same problem now happens at work!!! So now I can’t view this calendar on either of my machines!!!

Do I dare install it at home too?

It’s viewing a Google calendar which, of course, views perfectly on Google Calendar page, in Outlook and in Thunderbird.

So, did the update help in any way? Not exactly!!! :slight_smile:

Any more ideas???

Here is the log from my work machine…

17:29:43    at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)17:29:43 &nbsp; &nbsp;at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable1 source)
17:29:43    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ScheduleItemSynchronizeContext1.StoreItems(SynchronizationType type, IEnumerable1 newItems)
17:29:43    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizeContext2.Synchronize[T](SynchronizationType synchronizationType, IEnumerable1 items, Func2 getUniqueId, Func3 hasChanged, Func2 isDeleted, Func2 convertItems, Action2 updateItem) 17:29:43 &nbsp; &nbsp;at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.CalendarItemSynchronizer.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
17:29:43    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass30.<>c__DisplayClass35.b__2c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
17:29:43 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:29:43 — End of inner exception stack trace —
17:29:43 at MailClient.Protocols.Gdata.GenericGapiCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:29:43 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Joe

Hi again Joe, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on GData logging for the problematic account, save the settings and restart the application, when the issue occurs again , go back to the advanced settings window and click on “Send Logs”.

Please send the logs to [email protected] , if you’re now having the same issue on your home computer as well as on your work computer, you can do the same thing on either of your computers.

Thank you,
Paul.