Storage Folders

I downloaded eMClient today after reading several articles that suggested it was a good replacement for Windows Live Mail, which I have used for years but is no longer supported and subject to bugs, etc. With WLM, I had the ability to drag any email out of the Inbox and put it in a storage folder or subfolders of the main folder. That way my Inbox stayed manageable and my emails were grouped and saved. Am I able to do the same thing with eMClient or do I have to have 100s of emails sitting in my inbox?

You can drag emails from inbox to other folders.

OR

You can familiarize yourself with eMC RULES and let eMC do it for you when the emails reach the inbox, automatically.

But how do you make the folders?

But how do you make the folders?

You can right click on eg: your Inbox under you account and create a folder which will then show as a sub folder.

Or you can right click on eg: your account above the inbox and create a folder to create a separate parent folder.

Or you can also enable local folders down the bottom left of eM Client via “Menu / Settings / General” and tick the box show local folders. Then create any folders by right clicking as well.

Note: Any emails dragged to user created local folders are offline and you need to backup eM Client regularly to preserve these via “Menu / Backup” or setup Automatic periodic back via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup”.

1 Like

A step in rule creation, folder to move email to, allows you to choose an existing folder OR create a new one.

1 Like

Thank you. My husband figured out the right clicking action to create folders and sub-folders. It would be nice if this info was listed in the HELP section somwhere.

1 Like