Stop deleting emails on GMAIL when delete in eMclient inbox

Hi
I pull my emails from GMAIL using IMAP. They arrive in eM Client inbox no problem.

However I do NOT want to delete the original on the GMAIL server when the eM Client inbox copy is deleted.

IS there anyway to achieve this?

When you have a IMAP Gmail account if you delete mail from Gmail whether using Gmail online or in eM Client then it will be removed from the server as is the nature of IMAP mailboxes. You cannot tell Gmail to leave a copy like the old POP mail boxes.

1 Like

sábado 11 junio 2022 :: 1140hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @RogerWasley

As @cyberzork says this is a feature of IMAP.
You have 2 choices for the future.
1./ Move all received & sent messages to local folders
You can setup rules to do this for you automatically.
2./ Change to POP3 where you CAN select to leave messages on the server.

If you do not already you should Backup eMC every day, particularly
if you decide to store messages locally.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Ola @skybat
Tried option #1 the local folder move option. I manually moved messages to the eMC “local folder” inbox

The email dissapears from all gmail folders (deleting an email from gmail at least means I can find it in the gmail trash.

Regarding the POP option. I have another gmail acct and tried to set that up in eMC as an additional email acct . got to the FINISH button but saw no option to set POP instead of the default IMAP
Regards and gracias

jueves 23 junio 2022 :: 1119hrs (UTC +01:00)

If you do really need to stay with POP you will need to set it up manually by selecting OTHER when adding new account, and then follow instructions. You will also need to set your password via your Gmail account.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.