Still receiving notifications about past events

Is anything being done about this? I’m still randomly getting reminders for old events - in no particular order. These are completely useless and just annoying to have to keep clicking through. Just make teh default “Not show reminders for events in the past”. If someone really wants to see random popups for events from 5 years ago, they can choose to turn that feature on?

Are you dismissing the notifications, or just closing them?

With which calendar provider is the calendar that has these events synced?

Windows 10 here.
I will work on my computer in the shop (emClient) for several days.
Then I am away from that computer potentially for a week or so on a video shoot and post-production on a completely separate computer and location. There I manage (dismiss) all my notifications and manage my email, mostly via my phone or web-interface.
I come back to the shop, open emClient and have to individually, one-by-one, dismiss all of the week+ of notifications from my time away.
I do not need ANY notifications of ANY past event…period.
We are looking for a way to tell eMClient to automatically dismiss/suppress/whatever all notifications for past events not previously dismissed.

2 Likes

Same here. I dismiss them all when they appear. It seems like it just randomly decides to show reminders from the past where I might not have been on my PC when they occurred (I don’t use EM Client on my Macbook, which I take with me to the office - I work on my PC at home, which does have EM Client). I literally just clicked through 8 from last month that appeared, one after another. Please make the default to not show old reminders from the past. It makes no sense to show them. I’m using Google mail and linked to a Google calendar here on 3 accounts.

…just installed eM on my new laptop (via backup>restore) and this problem just began! Never had this before, running eM for over a year now! Please get this fixed!

FYI: they are always the same 23 notifications I keep clicking away with the “X” - I do not want to “dismiss” them because it might behave strange and send an update to all clients for this past event (which is not very professional) as randy stated in Calender reminder/notification keeps popping up even if event is from past - #33 by Randy_Meyer

If you don’t dismiss a notification, it will come back again and again and again.

Notifications do not send updates to participant/attendees of the event. It is only a notification for you on your computer.

Then what did Randy mean by his comment? He is mentioning “dismissing the reminder”, is this not the same as “dismissing the notification”?

Reminder or notification, same thing.

If an event reminder/notification pops up, and you don’t dismiss it, it will come back again. So first step is to dismiss it, and then see if the same reminder/notification comes up again.

Sorry, been clicking myself crazy, and now its starting popping up events from 2020!!! That cant be right… Please fix this.

Crazy, and now its starting popping up events from 2020!!!

When you dismiss a notification as @Gary advised in prev post does that specific one come back ?

Also as @Gary advised Notifications “do not send updates to participant/attendees of the event”. It is only a notification for you on your computer so you do need to click Dismiss on your notifications.

I suppose it does not come back (for one I noticed I had to dismiss twice though, not reappearing so far). I am using calendars from 3 providers (2 gmail [1 private, 1 work], 1 synology [work]) and it keeps picking randomly old notification from all 3 calendars. Just 5 min ago, one from 2012 popped up! Cannot find it though in order to dismiss it, because Windows Notifications only shows max. 20 notifications from eM Client… I don’t wanna know how many I have to manually dismiss??? Hope not all from 3 calendars and 15 years!!! Believe me, it must be thousands!

Any chance disabling all old ones with one click? It is getting rediculous… Now Coming up 2020 events…

…and BTW, on the same old events appearing, there are a few I would need to adjust/change the Start/End date by editing them - this is no more possible - before the installation of eM Client on the new notebook (and importing from backup), I used to work like that without any problem - that is: edit a past events date

…seems that this is the second problem introduced since reinstall from backup? both problems seem to be related?

Hi, Have same problem.
Just moved to eM Client, set up account and many old notification showing.

Anybody from eM support team on my last post from 07.02?

Hey does anyone know if EM Client 9 fixes any of this. I just opened Em Client and it said that there is a new version. Looked at the release notes but there isn’t any mention of fixing this long outstanding bug.

We are currently using the latest version and this bug occurs on one of our machines. Mainly past Office365 Teams meetings notifications.

I was getting a reminder of a past event and could not dismiss it. It was a recurring event- set for every two weeks. I finally deleted the event - all past and future - and then recreated it. So far that seems to have worked to eliminate the problem.

Konstantinos1

Hey just noticed your message because I don’t come her often. (I came here today because someone replied to a 2017 message thread I was in about a bug that sill seems to exist. I thought I’d help the guy out). What I mean is just what my post says. From what I can tell, if you dismiss a notification Em Client informs the server to send a notification to meeting participants that the meeting has been updated. It’s not supposed to do that as Gary says. However, it did (does). From what I can tell, the issue still exists.

In version 9.2 we changed the way we manage and display past notifications, so this thread is no longer relevant.

If you are using an older version, please update to the latest in the Release History.