Start-Kennwort

Hilfe!
Beim Start fragt eM client nach dem Start-Kennwort, welches ich dummerweise vergessen habe! Aber selbst Deinstallation und anschließende Neuinstallation hilft nicht! Was kann/muss ich tun?!

Here in english:

Help!
When starting eM Client it keeps asking me for a start-up password. Which I don’t remember. Even uninstalling and re-installing doesn’t help!
What can I do???

Hello Volker, sorry to see this, unfortunately once the eM Client’s database is setup to require a password on startup, you won’t be no longer able to access this database without the password. If you forgot the password you can remove the current database in your user/AppData/Roaming folder. 

Find the eM Client database folder and rename or remove the current database in order to let the application create a new one on application startup, you can use a new database to re-setup your accounts and access your accounts again.

Hope this helps.

Deleting this (hidden) folder did the job - Thank you!!!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Hallo, dieses Problem habe ich unter W10,64bit auch:>. Beim Start von eM Client frag mich immer nach einem Start-Passwort.
Die Lösung mit: der  Benutzer / AppData / Roaming-Ordner  hilft leider nicht. Auch eine Neu-Installation von emClient fragt nach dem Kennwort.
Verstehe ich zwar nicht aber hoffe hier kennt jemand freundlicherweise eine Lösung.

The password is stored in the database, so reinstalling eM Client will not help.

If you don’t remember the password, then you will need to delete the database and start again. To do that, close eM Client and then delete C:\Users_[username]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that.

If you do remember the password, you can remove it by going to Menu > Tools > Settings > Password Protection.