Standard when creating new account, leave email on server or delete

As the title says I want to know what Em Client has as standard setting when regarding deleting the email from the server or leaving them on the server.

I am awar on where to change this but I need to be sure that Em Client won’t delete all emails on the server when running it.  

Hi Johan, not sure if I completely understand the question, eM Client by default setups an IMAP account which synchronizes all your items between the server and the client, IMAP is a what you see is what you get type of connection.
All the data you see in eM Client are available on the server and the other way around.

If you’re trying to setup a POP3 account I believe the default setting is to delete the messages from the server after 30 days, but you can immediately change the setting in Tools > Accounts > Your POP3 account.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the response.

What I want to do is add my e-mail, but since I also use a webb based e-mail client, I need the mail to stay on the server so that the webb based client works.

I did a test on another e-mail account I have and I could uncheck the alternative to remove message after 7 days (default apparantly).
So as far as I now know it is doeble.

Maybe add a option to be able to set this up when setting up an account.
Or make Em Client not retrive the e-mails from the servern until the user confirms that she/he is done with the settings?.
Maybe have a flag on the Account window that prevents Em Client retriving, and always show it when adding a new account.

Hi again, we’re currently considering improving this in the initial setup for POP3 accounts. Thank you for the suggestion.
Let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.