Spyware in your eM client?

Your eM Client tries to connect on  analytics.aweber.com  that is part of www.aweber.com 

What is your hidden agenda here?

Remove such Spyware from a purchased product

This, dear friends from emClient is an absolute NO GO!!
Just uninstalled your programme from my PC and will recommend everybody to do the same.

I am currently working toward uninstalling it and going back to Microsoft Outlook 2016.  EM Client has been “clunky” and keeps wanting to check the database almost every time it’s started.  Once it was unable to recover from some problem it had and I had to restore a backup. I’ve only been using it since December and I regret buying it complete with future upgrades after trying it out.  A total waste of my money. The trial period didn’t show up the problems that were ahead with the software. If it is also connecting to analytics.aweber.com I want nothing to do with it.  I see quite a few people are happy with it but in no way can I now recommend it. Don’t waste your money on this software.

After 4 days still no reaction by emClient officials, no denial.
Action, or in this case non-actions speaks louder than words. So it’s true!
Hasta la vista, baby

I think it’s more likely that they have no interest in what is posted on this forum and don’t bother to read it.  They “hope” that other users will do their job for them and help others.  When I last complained about them ignoring posts on here they said that this is primarily for people who haven’t paid for the programme and get no official support. You are supposed to go to their “support” section to get answers if you have paid.  However a number of people seem to be dissatisfied with their responses to that.

I am in the process of moving to Outlook 2016 after finding an ebay link where you can buy Office 2016 professional perfectly legally for £5.99.

Hello,

is it possible you have opened or loaded this link/data from a campaign email in your inbox?
There is no spyware inside eM Client.

“I think it’s more likely that they have no interest in what is posted on this forum and don’t bother to read it.”

Absolutely true, as long as you ignore the many times when they’ve read and responded to posts here. And — will wonders never cease? — they have often solved problems.

“When I last complained about them ignoring posts on here they said that this is primarily for people who haven’t paid for the programme and get no official support.”

That’s exactly the purpose of this forum and nobody has ever claimed otherwise.

“You are supposed to go to their “support” section to get answers if you have paid.”

Nobody is entitled to endless professional-level support (or “support”) after having received a program for free. Last I heard, for some reason most software companies can’t compensate their support staff with smiles, hugs, and the good will of a grateful public. Bit of a mystery, I admit.

“I am in the process of moving to Outlook 2016 after finding an ebay link where you can but Office 2016 professional perfectly legally for £5.99.”

I can think of no better way to be stuck with malware or something else unwanted than to be talked into the “you can get a legal copy almost for free” ploy. But best of luck with that. :slight_smile:

Sorry, that should have read “little interest”. Quite a number of posts go unanswered by the staff when people have clearly paid for the software.

Your comments on the Microsoft Office for £5.99 is partly understandable but also an attempt to score points and be clever.  The download comes from Microsoft’s Servers and is genuine. I too was sceptical  but this is actually a genuine and legal offer and I was very careful. Outlook is better and more reliable than EM Client. I have used it for many years.  I just didn’t fancy paying Microsoft’s extortionate prices for a version they were prepared to support with security updates after October 2017.

But thanks for the condescending sarcastic tone which I bet you would never be brave enough to do in person. The faceless Internet put down is a wonderful medium.  I am about to delete my account.  I am not interested in your ‘Smart Arst’ reply so blather into the ether and feel smug. 

so blather into the ether and feel smug.

Challenge accepted.

It’s wonderful to hear that Microsoft is now selling its software on the cheap via eBay. Clearly there’s hope yet for humanity.