Spam filter doesn't filter for me

Why isn’t EM clients spam filter not filtering. After months of filling my junk e-mail folder I still get a lot of spam! Yes I do use the Move To Junk button and the 3 choices that are given in the drop down menu.

Hello,

this is not eM Client bug, all spam is filtered on email server and after that all emails are downloaded to or shown in eM Client’s folders how they are sorted on your email server.
So please contact your email account provider about this issue.

regards
Jan

Hello,

What is the purpose of the spam filter that is by default in the rule section? There are no configurations or settings? Also, I receive an error message that says it needs to be configured in the Wizard??? What wizard? I’m I missing something here? As far as I can tell, it does absolutely nothing to filter spam.

Regards,
Tim

The Spam filter Rule looks for messages that have been marked as spam by the server, but not moved to spam. It then moves them to Junk.

Hi Gary,
Thanks for responding… I need help to understand this? How do I change settings to the Spam Filter? I see it in the rules section from when I installed EM. How do you configure it? There are not settings?
Thanks,
Tim

Also, when you blacklist emails or domains with the Junk Filter. How do you get into the Junk Mail settings to see what you have blacklisted and is they a way to whitelist?

Does EM have a regular tech support do you know or is tech support through the community?

viernes 10 septiembre 2021 :: 1845hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Bones

Yes if you have a Pro License
No if you have a Free License

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Hi Skybat,
Was your reply in response to tech support?
Thanks,
Tim

viernes 10 septiembre 2021 :: 1905hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Bones

Yes…
Maybe this will help you:

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo principalmente español, portugués e inglés, también un conocimiento práctico de varios otros.

Very Helpful!!
That answers all my questions initially. I’m sure I’ll have others. I’m coming off The Bat for the last 15+ years. An old Eudora user and Barca Pro (PocoMail). I needed a change from TB… sick and tired of dealing with all the bugs in every update. Very sad for Ritlabs.
Thank you again Sir,
Bones

viernes 10 septiembre 2021 :: 2055hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Bones

If you are coming off The Bat! you should look at this that I answered previously.

https://forum.emclient.com/t/import-from-the-bat/75711/4

Skybat
[email protected]

You don’t.

It is a Rule that looks for messages that have been marked as spam by the server, but not moved to spam. It then moves them to Junk.

There is nothing to configure, except on or off.

You can edit the Blacklist Rule and remove addresses or domains that you have previously added to it.

eM Client does not have any whitelist for spam messages as a whitelist is used where there is some spam detection and is used to prevent certain messages from being classified as spam. eM Client has no spam detection ability, so no need of a whitelist.

Thanks Gary,
The system booted me out because I had 10 replies, so I had to wait to make any contacts. Lol! I guess it doesn’t like Newbies
Tim

Gary,
I do have another question for you. How do I get my parent folder to show unread emails from my sub folders like TB does? I don’t want to have my tree expanded all the time to see what parent folders have unread emails. See Video.

Thank you
Tim

Gary,

I want to add to the message prior. eM is hiding folders with active unread messages as in the video I have attached. Under the parent folder “Geek” are the sub folders are “Bob Rankin” and “How To” Apparently, eM can only hide or show the parent folder which is fine but, “How To” has an active unread message and yet eM is hiding this tree structure when invoking the Show if Unread command.

Please see attached video:

Thank you,
Tim

Hi Skybat,

Can EM client alert you to unread messages under parent folders like this without expanding the tree?

Thanks,
Tim

lunes 13 septiembre 2021 :: 1336hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Bones

Clearly I have no idea how you have eMC setup and the graphic you have attached is
too faint & small to be of any use.
What you can try if you haven’t already is:
Menu ->Settings ->General ->Check - Show Local Folders ->Show on startup ->Scroll to Global Unread ->Apply ->OK
You might now need to restart eMC then: In left hand column below ‘Mail’ you should see ‘Favorites’
Right Click Favorites ->Display ->Click Unread and anything else you want.
This will display a total (a number) of unread emails on your system.

Unless you know any better.

Skybat
[email protected]

If you are asking about Notifications, then it very much depends on how the messages getting in those folders. If eM Client is moving them by a Rule, then you will get the same notification as you get for your other Inbox messages, unless you disabled notifications in the Rule.

But I think you are asking if the unread count can be displayed if the folders are collapsed. The answer is no. The count for Inbox is only for Inbox. It does not include sub-folders.