Some Mails are missing in Sent Items Folder

Usually my sent Mails are stored in the Sent Items Folder. But now I’m looking for a mail I wrote 2 weeks ago - and it is not there. But I definitely wrote it and it was sent successfully, because I got a reply where my mail body was included in the answer.
Now I’m confused am about to lose confidence in eM Client…
Does anybody know about this phenomenon and what might be the cause?

I’m using the latest eM Client version 7.0.26453.0 on Win10 Home and using a POP3 account hostet be german “gmx” mail provider.

Thanx!

Hello Jonny,

Did you send this e-mail that you are missing through eM Client? When you for example send e-mails from other devices, they often create their own Sent folders instead of using the server’s Sent folder.

Regards,
Maurice

Hi, sorry for the late reply - yes of course, i sent this mail from the eM Client on this PC - I’m aware that Mails cannot appear there that were sent from other devices…

Hello Jonny,

Thank you for making sure you sent this e-mail from eM Client on your PC. Do you perhaps have some rules set up that would influence the Sent Item folder? When you search all of your folders for this e-mail, do you find it?

Regards,
Maurice

no rules. no finding when searching all folders. Maybe the only explanation might be a hang up of eM Client with subsequent reorg oh the database; i had 2 oder 3 such hang ups in the last months; maybe also on that day when i wrote this email and maybe it was not written completely to the database so after the reorg it was lost… (quite windy theory but the only that seems to make sense, if you are not aware of a known bug losing mails sometimes).

I will have a look again in future and ich ever again I should lose a Mail again I’ll try to remember the circumstances…

Thank you!

Hello Jonny,

Usually when something happens to the database, the whole database becomes corrupted. If you notice similar behavior in future and find out about the circumstances, we would be much obliged if you let us know.

Thank you,
Maurice