Some emails not being downloaded for several days from Gmail

For some reason, for the last year or so, some emails won’t download from Gmail for several days. As a result, I’ve had to start opening Gmail in my browser to confirm if there are any unready emails sitting on the server. Today, this occurred again - the email is sitting in my Gmail inbox, but won’t download to EM Client. I either have to wait until EM Client finally downloads it, or forward it to my self, or respond directly in Gmail. The forwarded email will download to EM Client, but the original will not download [usually] for a day or so. The emails that download don’t seem to have a pattern - no specific size, attachment/no attachment, from various senders, etc.

Running EM Client 7.2.37929.0
Windows 10 Pro 20H2

A good start might be upgrading to the last 7.2 version to see if that resolves your problem.

If not, then perhaps an upgrade to the latest 8.2 version might resolve the problem.

Yes apart from upgrading to the latest version as @sunriseal suggested, also suggest to try “repairing your Gmail account” in eM Client to resync your mail folders. See the following thread for info - Force download of message that hasn't downloaded

If still won’t sync / download your some Gmail messages after repairing or upgrading, then if you are using a normal IMAP Gmail acct setup in eM Client (Non POP), then remove your Gmail acct in eM Client and re-add / setup as new.

Note - Before Upgrading, Repairing or Removing your account, make a backup first via “Menu / Backup”

Thanks cyberzork. I’ve backed up and repaired the account. Let’s see if this works - since this occurs occasionally, will probably be several weeks before I can be certain.
Thanks for both of your help.

This seemed to have been working for a while, but it started again a week ago and happened again this morning.

You never responded to my suggestion, Have you upgraded to the current version of eM Client?

Sorry - I wanted to try the repair option first and it seemed to work for a while. I just upgraded to 7.2.40748.0 and a message that was not downloading just downloaded, so that’s a good start. We’ll see after some time if this is the really the fix. Thanks.

So the update didn’t work. I currently have a message sitting in my Gmail inbox that’s not downloading to EM Client. Seems I’ll just have to live with it.

OR perhaps update to the CURRENT version of eMC!

Updates are one thing, paying for an upgrade to fix a bug is another, especially if there’s no guarantee it will resolve the issue. Like I said, I’ll just have to live with it.

Sorry, I guess I missed your post indicating you were running the PRO version for which you would have to to pay to upgrade if you wished to keep the “PRO”.

How many emails do you have in the folders that are synced with gmail? If it is a very large number, have you considered moving older ones to an archive local folder, perhaps annual in and out or something like that, and then backup those folders. Then reduce the pressure on the synchronization process for both your computer and google.

In the olden days, long long ago, we figured we needed to clean out any active folder with more than 500 emails in it. This was not with emclient, but with other email programs. But even though things are much better now, thousands of emails are probably difficult to keep in sync, and unnecessary if many are years old.

I will give it a try and see if this works.

Currently trying to archive old emails (offline folders), however, I’ve run into an issue that is prolonging the process. When I drag and drop emails from the active folders to the corresponding offline folders in EM Client, drag and drop functionality in Windows stops while the files are moving. I’m currently trying to work in Indesign and I can’t drag or move any objects in when EM Client is copying emails. Same in Windows file explorer - can’t move items. Once EM Client is done moving the emails, drag and drop works for the rest of the operation system.

Well then, something in your system isn’t as powerful as you’d like it to be. Maybe lack of ram, or slower drives, or communication to your drives, or from network connection to gmail or cpu, or Indesign being a typical Adobe program and requiring enormous resources.

Definitely not a resource issue:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X CPU
64 GB ram
M.2 hard drives
gigabit ethernet
gigabit internet (typically around 900-930 Gbs up/50 Gbs down).

Also, when this is happening, my network use is minimal, plenty of RAM and minimal CPU usage.
Also, not an Indesign issue since it’s not limited to Indesign, but to Windows files explorer, as I said.