some contacts disappeared

Of the contacts i imported from Outlook, some have disappeared.  I have no idea which ones, or if there is any rule as to what was imported or not, or disappeared or not.  I go in to look something up and the contact is Gone.
Thank you.

Hello Louis, sorry to see this, but I’m afraid this is not enough information, that would help us resolve this problem.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer and how did you import your data from Outlook? Did you import data from your Outlook PST file or by using the account import in eM Client? Note that by importing your accounts, you’re only importing your account settings without any data, using this import eM Client will only download what’s available on the server.

Can this be the culprit of this issue?

Hello Paul, thank you.  I just downloaded eM aout a week ago 6.0.22344.0.  I imported a PST file saved from Outlook.  Thank you, Celia for Mr. Jaari

Hello Louis, if you don’t know which contacts were imported and which didn’t you can submit the PST file to me for more information about the issue, I can check if all data were imported or not.

Otherwise if you’re synchronizing the account with a Contacts service we might need to exchange some logging data in order to resolve the issue, for successfully logging the problem this would have to be a recurring problem that you’re able to replicate or that occurs constantly. Are you still experiencing the problem or was it a one time occurrence?

Thank you.

You know something Paul, i think i downloaded an older .pst file.  I just found a more recent one and i think all the contacts migrated this time.  Sorry for any inconvenience, though if i hadn’t contacted you, i wouldn’t have realized that.  Thank you for your help.  

Can i ask you one more question please?
When i use the Deduplicater now that i have duplicates, on one line it says it is ready to merge 98 contacts into one, perhaps because these don’t have categories?  Is there any way to allow all the merges except this one please?

Thank you again,
Regards,
Celia for Mr. Jaari

Oops – too late … i was looking at the list again to see how to de-select this line and i accidentally merged 398, not just 98 …  Guess i can re-import from .pst a third time!

Hello Louis, thank you for following up with me, I’m glad you were able to resolve the issue, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other questions or issues about eM Client, I’ll be happy to help.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Regards,