This is the fourth time I install eMclient (I have a lifetime license) and I really want to like it.
Its GUI is clean, uncluttered, its calendaring function is logical (unlike TB’s Lighting) but there continue to be some issues that make it so difficult for me to switch to it.
- It is not possible to have the “Local Folders” tree structure appear at the top above the list of accounts.
- It is not possible to sort the “Local Folders” structure manually and not alphabetically.
- It is not possible to move the group of “Outbox, Sent, Trash, Drafts and Junk” away from the top. Why should I want to see my rubbish at the top of the list?
- When nested folders are collapsed, the root folder DOES NOT SHOW if there are unread messages in the nested folders. What is the purpose of nesting if not to save space and reduce clutter? But if eMC does not show me whether there are unread messages, I cannot collapse the nest.
- Rules does not allow you to force a specific notification sound.
- There appears to be no way to edit the Rules outside the program. If the rules are in an XML file, it would be easier to open it and create rules using a proper text editor, rather than the clumsy, simplistic, annoying, and repetitive wizard provided.
- There appears to be no way to save/extract attachments from a message based on rules.
If only these minor adjustments were done, eMC would be just right!
But then perhaps I want too much from an email program, but as a SW localiser and translator, I use email for my business and I receive close to 200 messages a day, which I would like to sort and file and answer and/or delete automatically based on rules.