Snyc with outlook.com

hi !

as microsoft now and finally announced to change their sync-mechanism to outlook.com i want to ask how em-client will work with outlook accounts when this changes take effect - as microsoft says that will be until end of june 2016  !

will em-client still sync mails, calendar and contacts with outlook-accounts ??

Kurt

Yes but you need to set up the account differently.

To find out if Microsoft has migrated your account yet - in a Browser, login to your account at outlook.com. When your mailbox has been migrated to the new infrastructure, the top left corner will show Outlook Mail. When your account hasn’t been migrated yet, it will show Outlook.com.

If it shows Outlook Mail , you need to set up your account in EM client as an Exchange account. iMAP will still work, but not as well as Exchange (also Calendar and Contacts are not synced with iMAP).  An EM Client  Outlook account (ie using AirSync)will no longer work. 

Note that when you set up an Exchange account, EM Client can take quite a few minutes to obtain the server details.

See this thread

https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/snyc-with-outlook-com

thank you very much !

up to now, my outlook account appears as outlook.com and not as outlook.mail but i tried to setup an exchange account in advance

but simply using my live.de address and password ends up in an authentication error   - see screenshot

?

up to now, my outlook account appears as outlook.com and not as outlook.mail but i tried to setup an exchange account in advance

but simply using my live.de address and password ends up in an authentication error   - see screenshot

??   what to do ?

?

You have to wait until tour account is migrated by Microsoft, Exchange will fail until then

ok – and:  

Thank you for your quick Response!

Yes it is working as an Exchange acct now. Thank you so much.

My outlook.com account has switched to outlook mail and stopped working. So I deleted it and tried to  reset it up as an exchange account. No luck. Sticks on ‘obtaining server configuration records’ for an hour. I tried em client 6 & 7. Same results. Account uses two stage authentication so I tried an app password and the actual password. Same results. Account works fine in Win 10 mail which switched automatically so I know the server name but can find no way to enter it.
Help please!
Randy

With Exchange you don’t put a server name in. 

You need to enter your email address in both the Email address and User name fields

For two stage verification issue, see this thread
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/sync-contacts-on-outlook-com-with-two-factor-auth

John, thanks for the quick reply. I have tried twice by putting the email address in both em address and user name fields. I used a fresh app password for the second try. App pw’s have worked fine before in em client. Both spent 15 to 20 minutes stuck at the same place as before.
What now?
Thanks in advance
Randy

Not sure what the issue is. Does it work using iMap?

Tried IMAP using server name eas.outlook.com for both outgoing and incoming and a fresh app password. On test config step, IMAP was accepted but smtp rejected the credentials. Not sure if it was server name or pw

John - Got it set up with imap. It appears to have a problem with exchange active sync. Sort of screws up syncing contacts.
Thanks for your help. Please let me know if there is a solution.
Randy

I have no issues with outlook accounts on Exchange Active Sync, but don’t currently use two stage verification. So I can’t assist further.

UNABLE TO SYNC: suddenly all eM Client folders are empty and I cannot send/receive from either HOTMAIL address I have used with eM Client for the past 4 or 5 years.  I really like the program and have had few issues with it.  I believe this was caused by the changes in hotmail/live/outlook mail. Do I need to change the settings in eM Client?  I’ve deleted and then re-added the accounts, but it did not make a difference.  Thanks for any/all assistance.  This is the error I get:

Have you tried setting your accounts up as Exchange accounts?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ey_8poDxPUQV85WmU3bjNobVk

No, I hadn’t.  I don’t know what Exchange is, but I just set up both accounts through the Exchange as was indicated in the link you shared, and am back to using eM Client to get & send mail!!!  Thank you so very much! I really didn’t like going through the browser - what horrible changes they’ve made.  Whatever… thanks again for your help.  I love eM and am happy to be able to use it again.

Thank for letting us know that all is well!