Snooze only works locally

Hi!
I know, all the Snooze handling is only done locally.

I use both, Gmail and GSuite as well as IMAP Mailboxes.

1. It would be great if for Googel accounts snoozing would be compatible with the Google Snooze function. I.e. that it becomes possible to use the Gmail App on mobile and see the snoozed messages. and also see the snoozed messages created with the Gmail app in EM Client.

2. Because the snoozing is locally, for IMAPS accounts you see the snoozed messages in the inbox. Would it not be better, to move the snoozed messages to a IMAP folder? Then the inbox on the mobile device stays empty.
    And maybe store something on Google drive or Dropbox etc for syncing the snoozed messages at least with another EM Client on an other PC? For instance, I use EM client on my desktop and laptop.

Manny thanks!

Cheers,
Rudi

6 Likes

+1 Not sure why this hasn’t been fixed yet. I say fixed because almost everybody uses email on multiple devices these days. Nothing worse then having to deal with a bunch of snoozed messages in my inbox on my phone. Anything being done about this eM Client??

2 Likes

Nothing?? No update on this?

1 Like

I am using eM Client on multiple devices, snoozed messages are not synced between all computers so this wonderful feature becomes totally useless. :frowning:

1 Like

We have addressed this in version 9.

If you would like to try the beta, please see: eM Client 9 BETA has just landed! | eM Client

Thats great news. Is there a beta version for Mac by chance?

Mac beta will hopefully be available in a few days.

Great. In the meantime is my Gmail snooze folder (label) able to be visible in em Client? I looked in my label setting on Gmail and it is set to show with IMAP checked.

No, unfortunately that folder does not sync.

Snoozing in eM Client is a little different. What this new feature allows is when you snooze a message on one installation of eM Client, it will also be snoozed in eM Client on another device.

I see. Does eM Client have a mobile app? I would like to see my snoozing on all of my devices.

@mike0416

Does eM Client have a mobile app?

No eM Client mob app as yet but there is mention of an upcoming app down the track by the company in the threads. No eta as yet.

If the new improvement just allows snooze message being synchronised within eM Clients, please modify the text in the blog article:
“Snooze and Watch for reply status synchronization for Exchange and compatible IMAP servers
Snoozed and Watched emails will no longer be stored offline in eM Client only, you can get notified at the right time on any device!” (eM Client 9 BETA has just landed! | eM Client)

I was very excited the new feature allows synchronisation of snoozed message on all devices, not only in eM Clients and the text in the blog article sounded very promising.

1 Like

I see they changed the wording. It would have been better if snooze would work across devices other than emclient.

Yes the new Snooze wording as @Sloth suggested is good and makes sense to me.

“Snooze and Watch for reply status synchronization for Exchange and compatible IMAP servers"