Smtp password failure

smtp server at BT rejects password or ID so cannot send message

Can we get more info on who BT is, and what your SMTP server settings are in eM Client.

jueves 21 julio 2022 :: 2337hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @cyberzork

I called ouy guy in the UK - BT is British Telecom, he gave me this link.

I am going to France tomorrow so I do not want to get involved in this.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

@skybat

I called ouy guy in the UK - BT is British Telecom, he gave me this link

Ok great.

Hopefully those SMTP settings will help @grahamchandler

many thanks for help. The smtp server that is recommended by BT is 465 with SSL. This intermittantly fails and the EmClient diagnosis shows “fix” which changes it to 25 which works for a while. Then it fails with message “invalid user ID or password from 84.18.224.132” and/or “credentials rejected”.
The web version of my email works fine so BT advise it is the client which causes the problem.
Could this be the router I use for internet which is provided by ZZOOMM fibre to home? I don’t recognize the 84.18.224.132 number
Graham

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have a customer who is using outlook and getting the same symptoms. The SMTP server rejects her login for her btinternet address until she leaves her router off overnight to make it get a new IP address. Then it works again for a couple of days, but the problem recurs. This consistently works if she gets a new IP address, and then consistently stops working after at most 2 days. BT don’t seem to be able to help so I wondered if you’d solved the problem?