SMTP Error

For a few days now, I’m getting this error when I try to send e-mails from my synched Gmail account using eM Client:

And here is the operations log:

19:30:41 \*\*\*\*@gmail.com [SMTP] Connecting: To \*\*\*\*@gmail.com
19:31:23 \*\*\*\*@gmail.com [SMTP] MailExceptions.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason: 
19:31:23 "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond \*.\*.\*.\*:587"
19:31:23 at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
19:31:23 at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
19:31:23 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Please help!

Hello, are you having issues with sending emails using the application, or is only the error being thrown during the day? Are you using any security software on your computer or any security elements such as firewall or proxy in your network?

If so, please try to disable these security elements temporarily and check if the issue persists, since it seems like the application connects to the server but the request can’t be processed on time so it times out and has to retry.

Thank you,

Hi, it’s an error with using the application. I get around it by logging into my Gmail account and sending e-mails through their client which basically renders eM Client useless.

No I don’t have any security software blocking access, and I’m sure that’s not the issue because sometimes I can send e-mails and sometimes I can’t even if nothing changes.

I still need this issue resolved. Thanks.

Hello, this error:

19:31:23 "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond \*.\*.\*.\*:587"

simply states the connection is being blocked, it’s either the server denying the connection due to incorrect setup, or there’s an external element blocking the connection, e.g. firewall or proxy. Please make sure to adjust your SMTP settings to recommended Gmail SMTP settings.

Please make sure you’re using “Force usage of SSL/TLS” for your Google account setup with the 587 port you have setup with eM Client.

Regards,

Hi, I had the same problem and it happened normally with e-mails with attachments and other following them.
In the mean time I found (by Googling) that the problem was Avast! anti-virus. I solved the problem by turning off scanning of outbound email.

For anyone else who has the is problem, here are the steps.
Avast - Open UI
Select “Settings” (bottom choice)
Select “Active Protection” (2nd choice on left)
Click on “Mail Sheild - Settings” icon
disable “Scan outbound mail (SMTP)”

Hello Felipe, glad it works, thank you for sharing your solution. Make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions regarding eM Client.

Regards,

I followed all the setup instructions and suggestions provided here to the T and nothing worked. Basically on some days I can send e-mail from eM Client, and on others I can’t. When I can’t, I use Gmail directly. It’s not a solution but it’s a workaround.

If you figure out what’s causing this problem or if anyone else is having similar issues I’d love to hear about it.

Thanks

Hello, if you’re unable to send email using eM Client at some point, are you seeing any errors? Please understand that the error submitted above suggests the server is unable to process the request on time (this should however be automatically resolved by retrying), this can occur if the server is under high volume of requests or is not available.

If an error occurs, please make a screenshot of the error or copy the content of the “Log” from Operations when it occurs.

Thank you,

Having same error shown above. It occurs all the time. I can not send period.
Have several error logs, but how do I get them to you when I cant send mail?
I receive all my emails no problem.
I use a .comcast.net service.
[email protected]

Hello Richard, please start by copying the log content from Operations once the error occurs and submit the content of the log to us here on the forum. You can also use your webmail if you’re unable to send e-mail at the moment.

Regards,