I have been using eMClient for a few years. I got the recent update a few weeks back and everything was fine till yesterday. I had two, short, simple text messages stuck in my Outbox with an error flag. The error stated that SMTP authorization had failed due to an unexpected end of stream. I am not getting incoming mail either but there is no error message about it. Running the eMClient’s diagnostics resulted in failures for both POP3 and SMTP. This is an AT&T (Yahoo) email account. Email on my phone and my family’s emails, all on the same AT&T account, were working normally. I can also get my email from the AT&T website. It is just eMClient that has choked up. Checking AT&T’s email help, I did find that the SMTP port number had changed. Changing that fixed the eMClient diagnostic results, but I still get the same error when I attempt to Send & Receive mail. Anyone have any thoughts?
I have changed my password and then changed it to a Secure Mail Key. Neither helped. I have tried the Fix option for both POP3 and SMTP inside eMClient’s diagnostics. Both failed.
I have a second account in eMClient, an outlook.com email I use as a throwaway. It is working perfectly. I note it uses IMAP vice POP3. I could try switching to IMAP in AT&T but I don’t see how that’s going to help my SMTP connection.
And diagnostics is still failing for both POP3 and SMTP.
Re-entered the AT&T Secure Email Key by hand. It had previously been copied from the Clipboard. This fixed everything. Sorry to waste everyone’s time.
Thanks for being persistent in working out the solution, and keeping the community updated on your progress.
I think your solution may actually be helpful to others down the line, so it is not a waste.