Slow to open messages

I’ve noticed recently when opening a message, it takes about 60 seconds + to actually see the body of the message. Version 7.2.36694.0

By default eM Client only receives the message header, and the content of the message is downloaded when you open it. If your Internet connection is a bit slow, or your mail provider has some issues with their server, that can substantially delay displaying the message.

You can change the offline option in Menu > Tools > Accounts so that the content is downloaded for offline use. That should speed things up.

But if the content of the message is linked, as is now the trend with dynamic content, that will always need to be downloaded and there is nothing you can do to speed that up as that relies more on the hosting server than anything else.

Also, maybe try upgrade to the latest version available for download in the Release History. There were many changes made in recent versions that deal with display, so there may be some difference there as well.

I dont have an IMAP tab.

With POP3 the embedded and attached content should be downloaded with the message and so should display immediately. But any linked content may be slow to open.

What is in the message that is taking so long to appear? 

Just a message… nothing fancy. Maybe I’ve got a bad install, I get an error every once in a while when trying to attach a file to send.

You can try uninstall the application, choosing NOT to delete the database directory when asked, then download again from the Release History and install that.

Do I use windows uninstaller?

Easiest way in Windows 10 is to right-click on the application icon and choose Uninstall. Can’t remember if it worked like that in older versions but, yes, you can use the uninstaller in the control panel if that works for you.

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot

Im too scared to hit that “uninstall” button. Honestly.