Signatures can't be added or saved

I’m facing the issue that I can’t add/save a signature on a Mac from my colleague.

Installed the macOS version (Version 8.1.1083) on a Mac Mini running El Capitan. On creating a signature I click save the signature and the signature is empty. The signature as itself is saved but without the signature. The emClient is registered and fresh installed and all necessary mail accounts are added but every try to add and save a signature ends in the same result with a not added/saved signature.

Already restarted the Mac, reinstalled the emClient but until now nothing has helped.

Maybe someone can help here

There have been a few posts on this forum concerning Mac and text not being displayed. As far as I know, it is not specific to eM Client.

Go to Menu > Settings > Mail > Templates and Signatures and edit the problem signature. If you right-click on the signature text area and choose Edit Source, can you see the missing text?

Hi Gary,

thanks for your reply.

This was one of my first ideas so I have this tried already but no changes.

I’ve deleted the signatures, added a new one, copied the signature to this new one, saved it and after save, there was no signature shown.
Everything is working except the signatures but my colleague don’t want to insert it everytime from another mail. :slight_smile:

Yes, I understand this is inconvenient.

I don’t know enough about Mac to identify the problem other than I have read some posts with similar issues on the Mac.

If either you or your colleague have a Pro License, please open a support ticket with eM Client, and I am sure they will be able to assist you further.

Hi Gary,

yes, we have a Pro license :slight_smile: So I’ll try this way now.
Thank you for you help so far :slight_smile: