Signature logo problem

I have noticed that sometimes when people reply my logo in my signature is gone and replaced with the file name like: <logosmall.png>

Or this (which was a little worrysome, as Barb-Asus is the name of my laptop in my network);
[cid:em1621d465-bcd2-4752-b69d-4391c14d098e@barb-asus]

I created the signature in EM Client, not cut and paste.

What can I do to resolve this?

Barb</logosmall.png>

Most times when a in-line graphic is stripped out it is because the receiving party has converted your email to plain text. When that happens, the graphic is removed and replaced with a placeholder with the name of the graphic.

With regards to the CID number, the user in that case is using an email service that cannot display the in-line image (embedded image), so for all purposes it is displaying the code you used to embed the image in the email in the first place.

• Merg

Yeah, I get that, but I thought it was strange to see two different placeholders, after not changing anything in the signature.

What do you think is the best way to solve this?

Should I host the image online, and embed that graphic?

The different placeholders are dependent on why the image was removed. One usually occurs when the email is converted to plain text and the other is when the email client itself is not able to handle the embedded image.

If you put the image on-line, as long as the email client that is receiving the email can handle HTML emails and has access to the Internet, that should work fine. If the email is converted to plain text, the image will be stripped out again though.

• Merg