Sick of waiting half my life for messages to open

It seems that I spend most of my day watching EmClient try to open emails and attachments.  It’s got to the point I can’t cope any more… Am I impatient?  Probably, but it’s just so frustrating to be always waiting for EmClient…

It’s almost like EmClient wont do a thing until it has synchronised all messages from the server which is painful - just let me deal with what is already available locally and talk to the server in the background…

Having said that, it is marginally better than Thunderbird and miles ahead of Outlook however, I just don’t think there is an email client available that deals with IMAP very well…I’m going back to Gmail web browser…

Hi Shannon, eM Client only downloads headers of emails and thus it has to download the actual body of the message when you click on it. Also it keeps synchronized with the server all the time, so all your emails are ready to be downloaded etc. You might be able to speed things up a little… Go to Tools > Accounts > Your Account > IMAP tab, and check the option “Download messages for offline use”, this way your emails will be downloaded periodically and it should be quicker to respond.

Hope this helps,
Paul.