Show icon in system tray while main window of eM Client is open (on Windows OS)

Adding my vote to please implement this.

Another reason to have it, is that a single click of the systray icon should open the window and bring it to the foreground. Clicking it again in the systray, without having to move my mouse, should hide the window again.

I will echo the opinion that others have written here: This is how many other apps behave in the systray and eM client should mirror that behaviour for a consistent user experience.

1 Like

For example Skype for desktop has the same behaviour

One of the recent updates makes it so that eM Client will no longer open when clicking it from the taskbar if it is already running. I’m not sure if this is related, but it’s annoying.

domingo 24 julio 2022 :: 1843hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Ersan

It will help if you will say if you use Windows or Mac and the eMC upgrade from
v? to v?

Perhaps it is your setup as it works perfectly for me with the latest v8 & v9 on
different computers running Win10 & Win11

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hopefully this’ll be helpful to all those who are annoyed that this hasn’t been fixed in Em Client yet.

I’ve found a workaround by installing ‘4t Tray Minimiser’. This small app is free (though there is a paid version), and it adds a window button to all apps for minimizing to the notification tray. Once minimized, the app can be brought back up again by a single click on the tray app icon, which is always displayed. It seems to work perfectly for everything, not just Em Client.

Hopefully this will help all those that miss this basic functionality in Em Client.