Server version problem with exchange account

no, the update doesn’t help. I become the same error messages like “elNiPa” (Could’t get server Version)…
The Exchange Logs are empty.
And when i created a exchange account over the “outlook” install routine, i become only emails from 2011.

Hi, can you please download this version if the EWS logs are empty? http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20472/setup.msi
Let me know if that helped the issue.

Thank you,
Paul.

Log files are empty. Even after updating to v6.0.20472

sorry, doesn’t work…

Hi, I see in your log that you’re also receiving another error which points out that you’re using a wrong address with your account settings, please make sure you’re using the correct server (Exchange) address.

Thank you,
Paul.

Please send me an email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic…

Thank you,
Paul.

Server address is correct.
I tried again with “Outlook” account method. And it works fine.
I have only change the server address. And i added the domain in the User-Name. domain/username
The synchronization was 6hr. Therefore i thought it doesn’t work.
but…
I can’t see the public Address Book from the exchange server.
whatever, now i am happy.

Hi again, I’m glad it works now, unfortunately global address book is currently not a supported feature, but we’re considering the feature for future releases.

Let me know if you come across any other issues or questions about the app, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,
I had the same problem: the program tried to connect to a 2013 server, but we have a 2010 version in our company. My solution was: I typed a wrong e-mail-adress and so, the prog. allowed me to type the server-adress manually. Do not forget to correct the e-mail-adress :wink:

Rainer

I have same and there is nothing like Exchange setting in advace setting, runnigs czech version ?
There just Database, Import, Registration XMPP, Communication, Rules ???

Hi Patrik, please don’t send me the logs prior to discussing your issue here, are you receiving the same error as mentioned above? What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hello,

I just installed version 6.0…20648.0.
I am using Windows 8.1 (standard).
I am having trouble connecting to our corporate MS exchange server.

The message that I get is:
[Exchange Web Service] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Couldn’t get server version.

I would appreciate any help with this.
Thank you,

-Victor

Hi Victor, can you please make a screenshot of the issue? And when the error occurs, please switch to the log/history tab and copy the content of the log.
How did you setup the account? Did you use the automatic setup?

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul, I set the account using the Mail\Exchange option. 

This is the log file:

Paul, thanks for looking into this.

I also tried to create the account using the Mail\Outlook option. While I was able to connect, eM only retrieved emails from last year.

Thanks!

Hi Victor, can you please update your application to this version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20773/setup.msi and check if the issue persists?
Try to setup the account using the automatic setup unless you’re using domain names with your Exchange account.

If the issue still persists, please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account.

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the error occurs, go back to the advanced settings window and click on the “Send Logs” button and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul,

I still have the same issue, after the update. I did sent the logs as requested above.

Thanks for looking into this.

Hi Victor, can you please go to Tools > Accounts > Your Exchange account > Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks, and make a screenshot of the account setup from this window?
Either post it to my email [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic or here on the forum directly?

Also please make sure you’ve captured the Exchange server address or copy it and send it within the email to me.

Thank you,
Paul.

The Outlook trick worked for me, thanks!