Server says "Unauthorised"

I keep getting error messages Server says “Unauthorised” or “Authrisation failed”.

This infuriatingly frequent. It pops up when writing new mail and I then find I am writing in the “password” box.  I cannot continue typing untill I Cancel the message.  This can take 3 or 4 attempts.  It happens when accessing or editing Contacts etc.

It happens on both my Desktop and Laptop that have the same e-mail addresses.

When I first installed this I thought it was excellent.  But I am close to ditching it, if I don’t get help to solve this problem.

Hi, what version of eM Client are you using? And what mail service are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul.

Thanks for your quick response.

I am using eM Client version 6.0.20154.0 installed 10/4/2014

My e-mail server is Yahoo.co.uk

This has been an extremely annoying problem.

I have set Operations to log events.

Do you need this and how do I send it?

Regards

Barry

Hi, I believe I don’t need that. Just when the popup that says “Unauthorized” again shows up again, I believe your user name will be in [email protected] format.
Please delete the @yahoo.com part and confirm this setting. That should solve the issue.

Let me know if it helped.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul.

I have 2 e-mail addresses on eM Client.

One is [email protected] and the other [email protected]

Just checked how account set up.  Only shows bazza69  &  bazzap74 as log in name.

Either one of these is shown in the “Unauthorised” or “Authorisation failed” error box.

I have just removed the @------ parts and entered passwords, but it is still the same problem.

I have even tried the “Diagnostics” for each address.  Sometimes it gets both “OK”, which then sends me an e-mail “testing configuration”. Or only one “OK” and the other “Your credentials were rejected”.

A more recent problem has been when trying to send new mail. When clicking SEND it just goes in the “Outbox”.  Tried sending several times but it just stays there, and the error box appears numerous times.

I am lost for anything else to try.

Regards.

Barry.

Hi, can you please make a screenshot of your general account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account > General, for both of these account, and can you make a screenshot of the error as well?
What version of eM client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

I am using eM Client version 6.0.20154.0 installed 10/4/2014

Not sure how many screen shots you want so I have included each page of the account.  When I upload the 8 images it appears to put them at the top of this message.

Regards Barry.

It doesn’t appear to have uploaded all the screen shots.

Barry

Hi again, please send me all the screenshots to [email protected] , but I could use the screenshot of the general tab for both accounts mostly and a screenshot of the popup you’re seeing.

Thank you,
Paul.