Server reports "Unauthorized" and eM Client no more starts after several re-starts

I have two problems with eM Client:

1. On every start of eM Client for 1 of my 3 email accounts an error message appears "server reports ‘Unauthorized’ " with a window for entering the login password (which is ok, and re-entering the password brings the error message back again). E-mails diagnosis test is ok and emails can be received and sent
  2. eM Client no more starts after several shutdowns (start/close of eM Clients).

Edit: I use eM Client on Windows 7 64 bit

Edit: The error message with password prompt re-appear from time to time.
Here’s the error log (e-mail addresses partially and all not relevant parts deleted for data privacy reasons!):

07:22:38 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability
07:22:38 s…@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: für Ordner s…@gmail.com/
07:22:38 s…@gmail.com [GData] Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
07:22:38 s…@projekt-kirche.de [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: für Ordner s…@projekt-kirche.de/
07:22:38 s…@arcor.de [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: für Ordner s…@arcor.de/
07:22:39 s…@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
[…]
07:32:56 s…@projekt-kirche.de [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
07:32:56 s…@projekt-kirche.de [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: für Ordner s…@projekt-kirche.de/Inbox
07:32:56 s…@projekt-kirche.de [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Verbindungsaufbau fehlgeschlagen —> System.ObjectDisposedException: Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
07:32:56 Objektname: “Connection”.
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Stream stream)
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
07:32:56 — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle)
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireStoreConnection()
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.ConnectionContext…ctor(ImapAccount account)
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFoldersCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
07:32:56 bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
07:32:59 s…@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt
07:32:59 s…@gmail.com [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: für Ordner s…@gmail.com/Inbox
07:32:59 s…@arcor.de [IMAP] Synchronisiere Unterordner: Fertiggestellt

Edit: Problem #2 seems to be the same as problem report “Doesn’t load.” Do you think me too, I have to install .NET 3.5? How can I do this?

1. The “Unauthorized” error seems to be caused by a CalDAV/CardDAV account - do you use any? If so, send us CalDAV/CardDAV logs please. Thank you.
  2. If eM Client still won’t start send me your database folder so we can analyze it. You can use e.g. transferbigfiles.com Thank you.
    [email protected]
  1. No, I use only some Google Calendars (GDATA)
  2. Where can I find the database folder?

In addition I get regularily imap error messages. It seems that this is a timing problem because imap function is normally ok. Is it possible to tweak the timeout values?

1. Then send us your IMAP log.
  2. Database location:
    C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
    C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

Do you use any firewall or antivirus?

I’ve sent the logs to the eM Client support.
I will sent you the database as well as soon as the startup error occurs again.

Yes, Windows firewall and avast! antivirus.

The IMAP error message from the log is:
20:25:23 arcor.de [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Verbindungsaufbau fehlgeschlagen —> System.ObjectDisposedException: Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.

AVAST requires you to NOT use SSL in email clients so that it can hook into the data flow.

Have you got SSL disabled in emclient? Try disabling the mail shield in AVAST as well.

I get sporadically the following error even when I disable SSL:
“13:12:00 arcor.de [IMAP] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Verbindungsaufbau fehlgeschlagen —> System.ObjectDisposedException: Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.”
Basically it works but not always. So it seems to be a timing problem.
By the way, with Thunderbird there is no problem with the email connections (incl. Google calendars) and avast! antivirus.

Send me your full IMAP log please. Go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Ok, I’ve just sent it to you.

I’ve just sent you the database file (but without the contact and e-mail files because of privacy reasons)

PS: After Windows log off and log on emClient starts again. But it’s quite annoying to do so after about 3 starts of emClient.

Problem #2 seems to be solved.
After entering an exception in my antivirus software avast! for scanning the emClient database folder (%appdata% emClient) the restart problem did not occur any more.

I have same problem, i clean my computer (just reinstall windows) after all those borring instalation of driver and programs i install eset smart security 6 and em client i put inside him 1 chat from facebook, 1 mail, chat, calendar etc from gmail and now i want to put contact from yahoo and it give me this error:

Server reports “Unauthorized”

Unauthorized errors related to Yahoo server are very difficult to solve, because the problem is on Yahoo’s side and it seems that these errors appear randomly. Anyway, you can send me your CalDAV logs and we will see what we can do.