Server Log-in dialog box gone!

Hello, My eM Client is trying to sync with server but it cannot. Instead there is a pop-up that says “Uh oh. Looks like something went wrong. Please try again later.” The only option is to “Close”. This has been going on for 2 weeks and relates to my main email address.

When I on my own go into “Account” to make sure the password is correct, the entire section relating to user ID and password is missing/gone! There’s just “User Information”, then “Default Folders”, no “Authentication” section (I have another email address synching with a different server so I know the Authentication section ought to be there).

The email I am unable to sync is hosted on a Yahoo/AT&T server and I use IMAP (not interested in POP3). Settings:
Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com, Port 993
Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com, Port 465
Security on both: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) - because it’s the only one that auto-populates the correct port numbers.

Can anyone help me get back the Authentication section in eM Client so I can input my password and get eM Client talking to the AT&T server once again?

Thank you,
Mike R

The authentication section is not there because the account is configured with oAuth. That enables eM Client to connect to your email server without using a username and password.

What version of eM Client are you using? If it is not the latest, can you download and install from the Release History and see if there is any difference.

You might also find the following announcement of use:

Gary, thank you for bringing me in the know on this. I had no clue and spent 2+ weeks in frustration. I guess we can’t leave it to Yahoo/AT&T to tip us off when they do door-blocker things things like rename permissions because their attitude towards helping the client is abysmal. (I called them and they told me it was an eM Client problem or I could pay them to help me further - ha!) It always comes back to those lazy bureaucrats.

One thing I don’t understand with eM though, each time I close down and reopen eM Client (which is fairly often and happened a couple of times during those two weeks), it asks me if I want to update the program with the new version and I always say Yes. So, how is it that I was stuck back in version 3.4.2… without ever updating? Is there a trick to making that work as it should?

Thank you for saving me!
Mike

There were quite a few updates in the past weeks; half as many as many as there were in the past year. There was also some issue with updates being announced, but that is now supposedly fixed.

Going forward it should keep you up to date without large gaps.

Thank you, Gary. So, you mean that each time I clicked “Yes” to update eM Client when I rebooted it, it was not actually doing the update? I’m not sure if that’s what you’re saying, but that’s the reality of what happened to me.
Thank you again,
Mike

Once it is updated it won’t prompt you to update again until the next update arrives, so that is certainly possible it wasn’t being updated on your computer. Also there were 3 updates a day apart, so maybe that was it.