Server is down - problems on sending and receiving

On Friday, and today - at this moment - the server of eM Client is down.

I thought it was the server of my own company, but I opened a ticket and they showed me that the online provider for the email works - and no, I didn’t change settings, password and so on. No problem which Gmail.

I need to work. Can you please fix the error?
Thank you very much

The server that is not responding is your email provider. It may be because of the connection, your settings, or the server.

As a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try again.
Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

If that doesn’t help, please give screenshots of the IMAP and SMTP tabs for this account, so I can check your settings.

Before asking here, I opened a ticket on the provider service. They told me that checking, is not a problem of their servers.

I shutted down, switched everything on. Nothing.

The port and security policies are correct, but the host names may not be.
They are usually imap.viginialcrello.it and smtp.viginialcrello.it, or mail.viginialcrello.it for both.
You will need to check with the provider what the correct host names are.

At the end of the day, it started to work again.

I don’t know if the responsibility is from my provider or eMclient…

The team of the provider checked the settings, and said was ok. They said it’s a client problem, you say it is a provider problem.

Unluckily I am not able to understand which version is true! Luckily now it works (antivirus and other things were other the same).

Thank you very much for your assistance

If you did not change anything in eM Client, but it started working again, then it is either a connection or server issue.

1 Like