server connection problem

Get SMTP does not support authentication error.

Log reads:
12:55:00 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
12:55:00 PM   MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: SMTP server doesn’t support authentication.
12:55:00 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
12:55:00 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
12:55:00 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:55:00 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Have run diagnostics on connection and it returns okay.  Also, test messages generated during the diagnostics are received by another email client that is tied to this account.

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, and click on the SMTP tab for your Verizon account. Make sure that the port is set to 587 and the security policy is set to Force usage of SSL/TLS

mine is not sending messages either all of a sudden thru my chartertn.net smtp

Specific problem has to do with use with verizon.net account (which a while ago transitioned to service by AOL).  After a lot of searching, I got the following to work for outgoing mail:
server:  smtp.aol.com
port:  587
Use SSL/TLS if available
Use verizon.net account login credentials

Not obvious, but thanks to the eM client diagnostic utility for helping to discover this winning combination.

Usually if eM Client was working, then it isn’t, that is because of either some change on the server or an update to your anti-virus application.

Disable your anti-virus application and then try again. If that does not help, contact your email provider.

If some changes were made on the server make sure that your SMTP port is set to 587 and the security policy is Force usage of SSL/TLS. There is no point in using a secure port if you allow the application to choose to use SSL/TLS Kevin. Rather force the issue or use port 25 with the option to use SSL/TLS if available. :slight_smile:

none of that work even called charter/spectrum. can i reinstall em client and not loose all my stuff or do you have another idea

none of that work even called charter/spectrum. can i reinstall em client and not loose all my stuff or do you have another idea

all of a sudden it started back working find sending out mail. it did this once before then started back working but i don’t know why. it seems to last about a day then starts back the last time was over 6 months ago so i have no clue