sent mail for 2017

I cannot see any mail that I sent previous to 2018. Why??? I tried restoring from backup with no results. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Do you maybe have Automatic Archiving enabled?

Do you have another device that is connecting to the same email account that might be moving or deleting the emails.

I use GMX.com and I can set the retention policy for any folder through the web interface. It could be something like that.

thanks! To my knowledge, I have no other device except AOL which now handles Verizon mail. How do I turn off Auto Archiving if t is on?

A device is a computer, phone or tablet.

You would have had to set Automatic Archiving up yourself for it to be working, but you can change the settings in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Automatic Archiving.

I DO know what a device is!! I checked and I DO NOT have it checked. Is there anything else that could cause my sent mail list before 2018 to be deleted?
I appreciate any assistance you can give me. I am at the point where I am considering a different client!!

I was not sure because you called AOL a device. :wink:

The only way that eM Client would move messages older than a certain date is through Automatic Archiving. Rules will not do that because they do not have a date or age function. Other possibilities are through server errors, actions, filters or settings (as I described with GMX). You could check with your email provider about that. Also other devices such as a phone or another computer which may have archiving or filters performing similar functions. This could also be another email client on the same computer. An example is Thunderbird, which does have the age argument in filters. User action is also a possibility such as deleting older messages or moving them elsewhere manually.

It could be a database error, but that is unlikely. To rule that out close eM Client and run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\ DbRepair.exe

I am assuming this is an IMAP account. This means that eM Client is simply presenting a cached copy of what is on the server. If you have a backup in which you are certain the older sent items were present, you can disable your network or Wi-Fi connection before performing the restore. When you have located the missing sent items, you can copy them to a local folder before connecting to the network again. After eM Client has again synced with your mail server, you can move the sent items back to the Sent folder. This will upload them again to the server.

Another fix is that if you are using IMAP and the missing sent items are visible in the web interface for that account, you can remove the account from eM Client, then add it again. That will re-sync with what is on the server.

Thanks again for your help… I will keep an eye on it in the future. It is a Pop3 account and I checked the server at AOL {for verizon} Nothing was in that sent folder…

So POP3 works differently to IMAP. The sent items are stored locally, and would not be affected by another computer or changes to the server.

Did you try and search of an item you know was sent last year?

yes. That is how I found out it was not showing anything previous to 2018. Thanks

What I would do is export all received and sent messages since January 1, then restore the backup closest to that date. Finally import the recent messages back into eM Client and all should be back to normal.

Sounds like a good idea… I will try it… Thanks!!

Thanks again… All is back to normal… Here is what i did, with the help of Rollback RX { a fantastic recovery program} I created a snapshot of my current system, then restored my backup from October 2017; Then I exported the sent folder restored my system to the present and imported the sent folder to my current Em program…

Excellent news Al.