Sent emails being put in trash

My sent emails are being put in the Gmail Trash folder instead of the Sent folder automatically. Happening on both Mac and Windows versions. Not happening with any other client (Outlook, IOS Mail, IOS Gmail). Upgraded to latest version and still have the same problem. There are no rules or filters applied.

Update: So investigating more here is the latest.
I use my own domain for email address with gmail i.e. sent from [email protected] instead of [email protected]. When I send an email it goes to sent folder as well as being a new received email in inbox. I create a rule in gmail to delete emails that are from [email protected]. This keeps the email in the sent folder while removing it from the inbox. As stated before, this is not a problem with other email apps. However, with em Client it never goes to the sent folder, just trash.

Could you produce a screnshot of your rule?

it’s a gmail rule. not in em Client. pretty basic.

Matches: from:([email protected])
Do this: Delete it

I create a rule in gmail to delete emails that are from [email protected]. This keeps the email in the sent folder while removing it from the inbox.

Sounds like a problem with the rule. Can you paste the Rule in this thread

The rule is what I have above. Again, it’s only a problem with em Client. Every other client works fine.

Ok this is then Gmail IMAP Mailbox related and nothing to do with eM Client. EMC merely mirrors what Gmail does online.

Eg: If you create an email in Gmail (Online) to your own Gmail address (Online) even with No Rule setup in Gmail, the email shows in the Inbox and Sent box in Gmail online.

If you then delete that email in your Inbox via Gmail online, the sent email also deletes in Gmail online and goes to the Trash folder in Gmail online. So eM Client is online mirroring what Gmail does online which is correct.

Again, this behavior does not happen with any other client. All other clients sends the email to the sent folder even when gmail deletes the one in the inbox.

As this happens with Gmail online you will need to ask Google directly via their forums. It’s something to do with the way Gmail online connects messages (when sending to yourself).

I agree gmail is doing something weird when send from an alias (I am not sending to myself). But em Client is doing something else that no other client is doing. So it is still an issue with em Client